Chapter 13

Songs of the Chapter-

Raining On Sunday- Keith Urban

Be Alright- Justin Bieber

Jess's POV

Justin and I were sat in the living room, watching the News. It's something we rarely do, but there's a huge headline story about my dad. I know that it'll probably make me upset watching it but it's just one of those things you wanna watch.

"Ben Rogers, husband to pop start Justin Bieber's mom, Pattie Mallette, in jail?" The headline was in red across the bottom of the screen.

I looked at Justin and he was twirling the Chinese food around his fork. It was one of the most unpleasant Chinese meals i've ever had.

"Ben Rogers, in jail for assault to his daughter Jessica Rogers, and his step son Justin Bieber. Sentence will be pronounced in court on May 28th,2014." The red head reporter wearing dramatic makeup said looking straight into the camera.

The news immediately cut in and a storm warning was in effect, it said across the screen.

"Looks like we'll be staying in tonight." Justin said, twisting some noodles around his fork.

"I wasn't planning on going anywhere anyways." I smiled.

He winked at me, and i took the plate from his hands and brought it to the kitchen.
I returned to the living room where Justin was still sitting.

"Do you think you'll get another job eventually?" He asked out of the blue.

"Maybe." I answered. "It's not like i need one," i added.

"But it's good to have one." He said.

"It's not like we're not going to get by without me having a job. I only wanted a job to get me out of the house somedays. Not an everyday thing, you know?" I said.

"That's stupid. The pay won't be good." He answered.

What the hell? I ignored him, a little pissed off at how he's reacting.
We sat in silence for the next couple of minutes, until a violent clap of thunder came from just above the roof. I jumped, nearly off the couch. Justin wrapped his arm around me and rested my head against his chest.
"Sorry about that." He said.

"I know." I answered.

I don't know what it is with Justin and I lately, we always fight over stupid stuff and get over it a couple minutes later. But it's weird, we never ever fight.

Another clap of thunder sounded, followed by a flash of bright lightening. The lights flickered a couple times and then the house went black.

"Justin," i whispered.

"Yeah?"

"Where's the candles?"

"I thought you put them in the upstairs closet?"

"I don't know, i'll go check." I said.

Feeling my way through the dark, upstairs past the bedrooms and to the closet. I jumped at the clap of thunder and laughed at myself afterwards.

I found the candles, and carried as many as i could in my arms.
I dropped the candles, and gasped at the touch of someone's hand on my shoulder.

"Jesus, Justin you scared me."

He placed both hands on my shoulders and shoved my body against the wall. He crashed his lips to mine and shoved his tongue in my mouth, without hesitation.