Chapter 8

Justin embraced her tightly, and all i could do was stay frozen in my seat. Everything seemed to be going slow motion as the words came from her mouth.

"Your father left me." She cried.

My eyes popped out of my head. Or so it felt like. I was so shocked. "He told me the fame life was too much for him."

Justin looked furious, in the mean time. I could tell he was feeling much hate towards my father. I was feeling angry towards him too. It was infuriating to think that the reason he left Pattie was because of who Justin is. That's too crazy.

"Jesus Christ." I whispered to myself.

"I can't believe he'd do something like that." Justin said, with his teeth grinded.

"What happened?" I asked.

She took a deep breath. "I was cooking supper, and he came home from work. He didn't say hi like he usually did. So, i just took it as if he was having a bad day. I sat down at the table and laid the plate of spaghetti in his usual seat. He never came out to the table, he ate in the basement. So, i went down and asked him what was wrong. He told me this life was too much for him, he's getting too overwhelmed and he wants to spend time apart. I was so upset i rented a Hotel room and spent the night. The next morning, i came home and everything belonged to him was gone." She cried hysterically now.

I went over and sat next to her and Justin and tried to calm her down.

"Mom don't worry." Justin said.

I looked at the clock, it was nearing 7 o'clock. I went upstairs with Pattie and filled up the tub for her. I let her relax and returned downstairs with Justin, who was sitting on the couch.
I sat next to him.

"I can't believe this." He said, pulling me into his chest.

"It just doesn't seem like something he'd do. He was crazy for Pattie." I said, feeling tears fill in my eyes.

We sat in silence for a minute, and then the thought came to my mind. "Where do you think he went?" I asked.

"I don't know." He shook his head.

Neither of us could find the words to say, both of us were so shocked we were speechless. Seeing Pattie this way, so upset and feeling down made me really upset. I'm sure it made Justin just as upset, seeing his mom cry like that.

At 8 o'clock, Pattie returned downstairs and i made her a cup of coffee. She went to bed and Justin brought her the cup.

"Are you sure you don't want us to stay here with you?" I heard Justin ask.

"I'll be fine." She answered.

"Okay, get some rest and we'll see you tomorrow." He said.

I hugged him and wrapped my arms around his body. "Let's get home. We both need some rest too." I said to him.

The whole way home, i rested my head on Justin's shoulder. I nearly fell asleep.
The stars were shining brightly. The moon was bright as well. I stood outside admiring it for a minute. It put me at ease, for just a short 5 seconds.

I got ready for bed and poured myself a cup of tea. I decided i'd go up to the roof to look at the sky before i went to bed.

I climbed up through the small window and sat on the surprisingly comfortable rooftop.

I counted, but lost track easily.

"I figured i'd find you up here." He smiled.

I looked over to him, standing shirtless, only dressed in pyjama bottoms. He crawled over to me and sat to watch as well.

"I'm still so shocked." I said.

"I know, me too babe."

I rested my head on his chest. I missed this so much.

"I love you." I said.

"And I love you."

~

The next morning, i woke up with Justin draped over my body. The sun was shining in through the window we forgot to close last night. He was snoring lightly on my chest.
The room was chilly but i was too comfortable to get up and close the window.

I laid my head on the pillow, and watched Justin take small breaths on my chest.

It took me a minute to remember what had happened the night before. What was going on. I'm determined to find out where Dad is now. Part of me feels like i want to find him and ask him what the fuck is going on. But another part of me wants to never speak to him again and let him figure things out for himself.
How could he leave Pattie because of Justin. That is a terrible, terrible thing to do. Justin feels guilty and i could tell from the moment her heard the reason why Dad left, that he felt that way.

I looked at the clock, it was 8 am. I knew i wouldn't be able to sleep long.

I ran my fingers through his morning curls, not caring if i woke him or not. Sure enough, his eyes began to flutter open. He looked up at me, and smiled.

"Morning," he smiled.

I leaned down for a kiss. "Morning."

He sat up, and i did the same. I covered myself with the sheets and watching him dress. His muscles were perfect under that navy blue T-Shirt. And the shorts matched the shirt perfectly, making his outfit look great.

"I love you." I said, abruptly.

He smiled, "I love you more." He came over to the bed and got on top of me.

His lips attached to mine, and i cupped my hands around his face. His kisses were soft and gentle. Leaving my lips and leading down my neck. He knew my soft spots. I giggled as he sucked the skin. A soft moan came escaped from between my lips, and i kept my hands racing through his hair. Kisses down my chest and my stomach made my heart race.
He made eye contact with me and i moaned, a little louder than last time.

He spread my legs apart and placed his head in between. "Justin," i whispered.

"We shouldn't be doing this." I whispered, nearly unable to get my words out.

He lifted his head up, and smiled. "Nothing wrong with a little morning pleasure."

I caught my breath. "Not when your mom is going through such a hard time." I said, reaching for my shirt. "I feel so guilty."

"Don't." He kissed my lips once more. "She'll never know."

I shook my head, "Let's get ready and go see how's she doing."

"Okay, i'll make some breakfast. You go get your shower." He kissed my forehead.

I nodded and made my way to the bathroom to get in the shower. The mirrors weren't long steaming up either. I let the water warm up and them hopped in.

I washed and conditioned my hair with my rose scented products. I rushed a bit, only so i could get to Pattie's faster. She's probably too miserable to even cook herself breakfast, i pouted to myself.

We drove to Pattie's in silence, but the whole way there, our hands stayed interlocked together.