Chapter 5 ~ Dark side

"A man is like the moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody."

Two days.

I haven't seen Harry for two days.

Not that it bothers me, I'm just worried about what he told me. Since he left my house that night - which I haven't slept at all - his words couldn't leave my mind. He said that was only the beginning.

The beginning of what? I don't get it. Maybe I'm just dumb, and the answer's right in front of me. 

I grabbed my black leather jacket, along with my house keys. Seconds later, the door was closed and a little 'click' could be heard, letting me know it was locked.

This was the first time I got out of my house since Harry left me. Jeez, just by saying that it looked like we were a couple. I just got a bit paranoid, but who wouldn't? I mean, all that stuff was fearful. Four days were enough for him to put my life upside down. 

My brown eyes looked to every different people on the streets. There were people with different hair colors, different faces. Men with their suits, walking so swift, probably late for their work. Ladies wore with their beautiful business skirts, folders in one hand, iPhones in another. There were children playing around, laughing so loudly. This was something I loved to do: watch, observe, see what people do.

A vent slowly got away from my lips, while I looked towards the ground. The air felt so nice against my face, it made me relax. My feet were softly playing with the grass of the beautiful garden I was.

All the type of flowers coming out of the dirt like a rainbow. From pink to white, every color was there. Such a beautiful view, in such a beautiful day. 

My body lazily rested on the ground, making me look at the blue sky. I was just so amazed by the beauties nature can create. That was my favorite spot from now on. So quiet, I could tell nobody knew it was there.

-

Another night alone. Jordan wasn't much time at home, just like my mom. This is not a big deal for me anymore, this happens since I'm a child. 

My father left us when Jordan was born, I don't remember much of him. Mom always told us he wasn't someone nice to be with. I wonder where he is, and if he still remembers me.

Don't be stupid Henna, of course he doesn't. He might not even recall your name, I bet he doesn't even know I exist. My eyes slowly closed. And the last thing in my mind before I fell asleep, was how I got myself into all this.

-

I hate mornings so much. My hair's always a mess, and my eyes have bags under them, I look like a frickin' zombie, maybe even worse. 

My teeth were brushed, making my mouth taste like strawberry, my favorite fruit. The brown strands of my hair were tied in a ponytail, since today was a little bit sunny. I was still alone, so I thought.