25. Katerina (part 2)

Authors note: This is Katerina’s last flash back for now ;) This chapter is going to include a playlist because I fund possibly the most intense sounds to write this. PLEASE have a listen to the songs on their own even if you don’t want to with this chapter! They are songs I recently found – and fell in love with like – straight away!  - Some however are ones I’ve been playing religiously cough cough Ed Sheeran. If you do use Spotify (like me) please tune into the “Evening Acoustic” playlist. Anyway, I do hope you enjoy this chapter – and if you are sensitive – please note there is a little bit more ‘harsh’ language than usual & unedited - i will do a big bulk editing session this week - PROMISE!

                       Please don’t forget to vote and comment! Ilysm x    

Playlist  ♪

Fortune (acoustic) – William Fitzsimmons

Tenerife Sea – Ed Sheeran

Stay Alive – Jose Gonzalez

Left for America – Ciaran Lavery

Old Pine – Ben Howard

Higher Love – James Vincent McMorrow

Cherry Wine (live) - Hozier

Poison & Wine – The civil Wars

Naked As We Came – Iron & Wine

Jolene – Ray LaMontagne

Heart Beats - Jose Gonzalez

Tee Shirt – Birdy

Pictures - Benjamin Francis Leftwich

Chapter 25

Flashback Katerina (part 2)

Healing

 The past may haunt us. It may hurt us, scare us, even blind us but the past is what, in the end – makes us. See if you try hiding it, or even not acknowledge that it happened  - cracks will appear over time, letting bits of your past show involuntarily. If you don’t acknowledge it, it will keep flowing out in your emotions, your actions and your relationships – the past becomes a disease you can never dab make up on. It becomes a disease turning you into the person you where in those dark days. See, if you just deal with it and not avoid it, you can be that lucky few that learn from it be one of those people who ‘achieve greatness’. But when your in love – in a relationship, or even beginning to fall – which one of you is the lucky and which one of you has the disease? Or are you both scared underneath filling the cracks with alcohol, drugs, and sex. Which one are you?

Katerina Knight

June 2013

 “It was like I had been struck with a flaming rod through the heart over, and over. It was as if the memories of the past year, that first night, dinner at his house when he filled the rooms with multicolored roses. It was like I was on cloud nine, only I was living my own life. I just don’t understand how one could be so in love one moment and the next sleep with another – and then make me see it on purpose because he’s some phyco. He literally skyped me said hey then walked over to the door and let me watch them have sex! I just… it all hurts – its as if my chest is empty. Like I’m numb and I will never feel again” I say, not crying. Just – well numb.