21. Friends

Authors note: So I know this has taken a while but I do try my hardest to get it to you when I'm away and constantly under time constraints. As you know I'm really set on getting to 1k comments, so please go crazy and comment as much as you can. I hope to hear from you in PMs about how you're going because I miss you guys!!!

P.s. This chapter, like the last was written on my iPad and will be edited when I get home from overseas so don't hate me please x x x x x

Chapter 21

Friends

Katerina's Point Of View

I had just finished packing away Harry's clothes in his room, sitting down on the bed with one of Harry's most valued possessions in hand when I hear a yell, followed by an ongoing racket just outside the door.

"what the fuck you bastard" I hear Nathaniel hiss, before swinging the door open to find him on the floor. He gets up hastily to steady himself and notices me frightened in the hall way.

"I won't expect an apology, but seriously kid - grow up" he says, ever so eloquently - a complete contrast to his latter, more harsh tone.

"Oh sod off you prick" Harry spits.

I feel as though I should do something but I find my feet cemented to the floor. The internal argument of running after Nathaniel to ask is he's okay and yelling at Harry about what he's done is a difficult one. I decide to stay with Harry as Nathaniel turns back to me giving me an assuring nod. I notice Harry's hand is turning red from the punch and without a single word, I usher him by his wrist to his bathroom to put it under cold water. I turn the tap on and lighting brush over his knuckles to try sooth the pain he must be feeling. As much as I'm dieing to understand what's going on, I'm also the type to know when not to ask. Harry is in no state to gush about what went on, because if I know anything about Harry, it's that he's not a violent person.

"I'm sorry" he breaks my thoughts.

"For what?"

"Making you think ill of me right now, causing a scene over you" over me? This was not all about me - that's for sure.

"Me?" I challenge.

"Yes you Katerina"'he uses my full name.

I smiles lithely at his words but stop, in complete confusion of what's to come.

...Earlier That Day...

As Nathaniel releases himself from my lips I'm in utter shock. Although his sweet, tobacco laced lips ignite me I pull my self together to move across the bed, creating much needed space between him and I.

"Nathaniel" I whisper resting my head in my palm.

"Katerina" he coos.

"I'm sorry but, I can't - I'm not - well - you see Harry" I mutter my thoughts out loud.

"Yes I understand, but whenever you decide to take up the offer I'm there" he says, brushing off the subject. I stay silent.

"I do however enjoy your company very much and would like to be your friend if you would let me" he asks, seriously.

"Okay" I nod. I know how much I enjoy his banter and company so for me, a friendship with someone so like minded is rather favorable. I know I have unresolved feelings toward Harry, so going to dinner with another man would be wrong. At least, morally wrong.

"You have anything to do in town?" Nathaniel changes the subject.

"Yeah, I need to pick up some tea for lou, and a meeting at a café called 'Platoon', have you heard of it?"