Ch. 10

When Peeta and I get dismissed from the hospital, we have to go straight to school. His parents are strict about his education. My mom honestly cares more about the fly on the wall then she does about me and Prim.  Peeta still hasn't gotten used to walking with the prostetic leg, so he has to use a walking cane to get around.

We walk into school together, holding hands because we are a couple again. We get awkward stares from people. Of course, they haven't heard that we are back together since it only happened last night.

"KATNISS!!!" I hear from down the hallway. I haven't heard that voice in two years. Last time I heard frfom her we were in 8th grade together. It's Maddilyn. She was one of my closest friends. I drop Peeta's hand and run towards her vioce. When I reach her, we embrace in a hug.

"Foxface! I missed you so much! What are you doing back here? I thought you transferred to District 5." I say. Foxface is a nickname I gave her in kindergarden when we first met.

"I talked mom into letting me transfer back!" Foxface says. I have always called her mother, mom because I was always at her house and she was more of a motherly figure than mine was. When we break apart, I remember Peeta. I grab her hand and start walking back to where I left him.

"Do you remember a kid named Peeta Mellark?" I ask seeing if she knows who he is.

"The baker boy? Yeah, I remember him, he was the cutest kid in our class. He was in our kindergarden through sixth grade classes" she says.

"Really? He was in all of thoses classes? How could I not remember him? I literally just found out he exists like 3 months ago, on my 16th birthday." I explain to her as we reach Peeta.

"Maddi? Is that you?" Peeta asks.

"Yes, it's me!" she says as she hugs him tightly.

"Woah there, that's my boyfriend you're hugging right now." I say in a joking way.

"OH MY G-" She says before I cut her off.

"Yes we are dating, now would you stop that high-pitch sqeal? I think you almost popped my ear drum." I say, putiing my arm around Peeta's waist. I look at him and smile. He looks at me and smiles too. He leans in a kisses me. I hear people gasping around us. Now people offically know about us.

"How long has this been going on?" Foxface asks.

"Well, offically since her birthday, but we broke up from about two months and we got back together last night." Peeta explains.

"Awh, that's so cute!" She sqeals again.

"Ear drum." I say nudging her in the shoulder. She giggles. We start walk through the wallway to get to out lockers. Well, in Peeta's case, it's more of a hobble. Luckily, mine and Peeta's lockers are fairly close to each others, and Foxface's locker is right next to mine!

We go to fourth hour (Peeta and I got there late.) which is mine and Peeta's only class we don't have together, but me and Foxface have it together so it's all good. I think the class is home ec. I honestly don't know because I spend the class doodling in my notebook.

Foxface passes me a note, write back.

F: Hey, whatever happened to Gale?

K: honestly Idk. we got in a fight because he kissed me when I was dating Peeta and that is why we broke up.

f: I couldnt find him anywhere this morning. I found Prim and Rory though. They are so cute together!

K: haha, I know.

Now, I can't stop thinking about Gale. Great, just what I need to be thinking about!

-------------------------------------------------

I know, I know! Short chapter again, I was completely blanking on what I want to happen. I just write this as I go. I'm still letting you guys give me some ideas for the next chapter and if I use it then I will dedicate it to you! And sorry I took awhile to update! Between, almost passing out at cross country practice and last minute marching band and dance rehersals I just have been so busy! Will update soon though! and Thank you for the great feedback! Keep it coming!

Vote, comment, share, and Fan me (:

~Jessica <333