Ch. 6

I start crying as soon as I see Gale's motionless body laying there on the ground. Peeta comes next to me and pulls me into a hug. I begin crying into his shirt. It is soaked by the time all my tears are dried up and I stopped sobbing. I am the first to speak. "We should probably take him to the hospital."  Peeta nods and picks Gale up. I start to cry again because my best friend might be dead. I fell so bad right now. I could have stopped this. If I was still talking to him and hunting to him, he wouldn't be hurt and possibly dead.

"Katniss, everthing is going to be okay. I promise." Peeta said reassuringly as we walk up to the hospital.

The nurses surround us and put Gale on a stretcher. That's when all the questions start. "What happened?" "When did this happen?" "Did you guys do this?" Are these people crazy?! I would never hurt Gale on purpose. And Peeta was with me the whole time so I know he didn't do it.

"We have no clue what happened and when this happened. He was missing for a while so we went looking for him and found him laying unconsious in the middle of the woods. And of course we didn't do this to him. He is my girl friends best friend." Peeta explains to the nurses because I'm speakless and still in tears.

The nurses take Gale out of the lobby and into a room to check and see if he has major injuries. Just then Clove walks through the hospital doors in a panic. "Where is Gale? Is he okay? I heard he was here." Clove was part of the careers. She has always liked Gale, but he hates her because she is one of the ones who are mean to me. She looks at me and sees me crying. "Why are you crying Seam Girl? And why are you here? It;s not like you know who Gale is. You're to big of a loser to know a junior." Are you kidding me right now?! She is lucky Peeta has me in a tight hug right now or she would have been the next one to check in to the hospital.

"Yeah, you're right Clove. I don't know Gale because he was the only one there for me when both our fathers died when I was 12 and he was 14. It's not like we knew everything about each other and dated each other." I was yelling at this point because she pushed me too far. "It's not like he was the only person I ever loved besides my sister after my fathers death. So you are right Clove. I don't know him. And I do have a name you know. But I'm sure that you and your bitchy ass friends don't care because I don't live in a mansion and I have to care for my family. It's Katniss Everdeen." Everyone in the lobby is now staring at us. Even Peeta is on complete shock.

"Wow, you're a feisty seam slut." she says. How am I a slut? "Gale probably only felt bad for you because you have no one who cares about you in your life. He likes me and even told me so."

"Woah, woah, woah, woah. How in hell am I a slut? I have dated two people in my life. So tell me Miss 25 boyfriends in the last three months. I would just love to hear it." I break from Peeta's embrace and walk closer to Clove.

"Well considering you are dating one of the most popular, richest, and must I say cutest guys at District 12 high school and you are well, not that pretty, really poor, and a severe outcast." Clove says. She is now in my face. She is such a bitch. She then turns to Peeta and walks towards him. "What do you see in that thing? I mean why date her when you can have me?" She is throwing herself all over Peeta and I feel rage overcome my body. I run and put my body in between her and Peeta.

"Back the hell off, Clove. I like him and he likes me, so why do you care?" I say. I feel my fist clench up and then someone trying to unclench them.

"Katniss, she isn't worth it." Peeta whispers in my ear. I unclench my fists and hold Peeta's hand. He was right.

"What's wrong, Katniss? Your boyfriend trying to calm you down? Pathetic." Clove says backing off.

"Clove I think it's best if you leave." Peeta says.

"Fine, but only because I don't feel like getting in a fight today." She says and walks out the door. Thank God.

"Thank you. I love you so much!" I whisper to him and give him a kiss.

"Anything for my love." He says and kisses me back. Our kiss was short livved when the nurse came and called us in.

"We have good news and bad news. What would you like first?" she says.

"Bad news please." I quickly reply.

"Gale's incident wasn't usual. We think someone tried to kill him or he tried to commit suicide. He won't talk to us and keeps asking for catnip. We aren't sure what catnip has to do with anything." she says and I can feel the tears welling up in my ears threatening to spill.

"Gale would never try to commit suicide. He had to much to live for. and He calls me Katnip. It's a nickname he gave me when I was 12." I am offically bawling my eyes out. Peeta puts his arm around me for comfort.

"Well the good news is he is in stable condition and is willing to have vistors. Would you like to visit him Miss Everdeen and Mr. Mellark?" I quiickly nod my head and grab Peeta's hand. We walk to Gale's room and he looks good. He is watching tv, when he saw me.

"Gale! Thank goodness you are O.K.!" I scream, running to give him a hug.

"Yes Katniss, I am fine." He says, weakly giving me a hug back.

"Do you know who did this to you?" I ask concerned.

"Katniss, I did it to myself. I tried to kill myself." he says quietly.

"What the hell Gale?! Why would you so that?" I yell. I can tell I'm on the verge of tears.

"KAtniss, when I found out you and him were dating, I just couldn't live with it. I love you. I always have. I knew felt this way before for anyone." Now I am crying. Why would he say this?

"Gale, I'm sorry. I can;t love you the way you love-" I am cut off when Gale kisses me. Luckily Peeta wasn't in the room to see the kiss. I run out of the room and out of the hospital all the way home. I run straight into my bedroom not caring what anyone is saying. I lock myself in my bedroom and block out the rest of the world.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh no! what's gonna happen?

Vote, comment, Share, Thanks!

~Jessica <3333