Chapter 19

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

That is all I hear. It feels like I am awake, but I can't seem to open my eyes. I hear everything that is going on around me though. I am going to try and listen to what people are saying.

"Mrs. Everdeen, your daughter has been the same way for the past 3 months. We are seeing no change. We think it's best if you say your goodbyes and pull the plug." the doctor says.

WAIT, WHAT?! Pull the plug? They want to kill me?! My mother would never allow this!

"Katniss, I love you. I never thought the day would come that I would watch my own daughter's life be torn away from her.I'm so sorry." I hear my mother say through her sobs. Then the door opens, or so I think, I can't really see anything.

"How is she doing?" I hear a man ask. It sounds like Peeta! Wait, why am I happy? He left me.

"Well, there has been no change. The doctor said it would be best if we pull the plug." My mother explains to him.

"No. I won't let that happen. Even though I have a girlfriend, she will and always will be my first love. If she were awake, she probably wouldn't want anything to do with me. I love her so much. But Glimmer was the only one there for me when everything went wrong between me and her." Peeta tells my mom. I can tell he is crying.

He has a girlfriend. That just hit me really hard. He is dating Glimmer, a career.

I'm fighting so hard to open my eyes. I just can't seem too get them open.

Bright white. Blurry figures standing in front of me. A man and women. They are talking. Whispering , actually. They seem like they are arguing.

I make a moaning sound. I can't quite make out any words. Both the people in the room yell for the doctor. He comes rushing in and starts shining lights in my eyes and asking me questions. I just stay quiet. I'm too flustered to answer. He just walks out of my room.

My mother runs over to me and gives me a huge hug. "I'm so glad my baby is O.K.!"

"Where is Gale?" I ask. Its not very loud, probably because I havent talked in 3 months.

"He hasn't shown up here. At all. But Peeta has been here everyday since you have been admitted in here." My mother says. I look at Peeta and he gives me a sheepish smile and waves nervously.

"Can you give us a minute alone, please?" Peeta asks my mom. She nods and walks out of the room.

Peeta walks over to my bed and does the unexpected. He kissed me. Hard. I have never experienced anything like this kiss before. I felt tingles everywhere. I push him away, but I already miss that kiss.

"What? Why?" I ask because its the only thing I can say.