Chapter 4: Surprise

Not So Simple

Chapter 4: Surprise

It's lunch time and my birthday is so boring I haven’t got any birthday wishes or a cake, my mum hasn’t even been over, which sucks. The boys are asleep and I am so bored. The doorbell rings, Yay maybe some excitement. I walk to the door, slowly opening it “Hello” I ask, I see Nick and Ash standing there smiling at me. “Would you like to come in” I ask, they nod and I step out of the way.

I hear small footsteps, looking to the stairs I see Brodie walking down rubbing his eyes. “Hello buddy” Nick says grinning, Brodie looks up, his eyes going wide, than he runs over to me hiding behind my leg.

“Mummy, who is they” he asks.

“Brodie this is, Uncle Nick and Uncle Ash” I smile they look kind of shock but go along with it. Brodie, steps from behind my leg.

“Hwllo” He mumbles.

“Hey buddy, where’s your brother” Ash, ask, Brodie points up the stairs; he sure is my shy boy. “Would you like to show me” Ash suggested holding out his hand. Bro nods grabbing his hand and pulling him along.

I look at Nick “I have an idea, us five…” he holds up five fingers “…are going to have some fun, for your B-day” he smiles. I laugh as much as I want to say no, I need something fun to do, so I nod.

------------------------------------------------------Chase POV------------------------------------------------------------

“Chase you said you will help, Nick and Ash are over at her house now, all you have to do is get in” Mrs. Stewart says, I sigh.

“If she doesn’t hate me now, she will after this” I mumble, grabbing the keys. They clap and cheer as I walk out the door.

If you haven’t guessed, they have planned a surprise party for April-Mae, all we have to do, is set it up. I drive to her house, quickly getting in. I knew they have left as, Nick sent me a text.

Hours later, and we had finally finished setting up, I mean this house is bigger than it looks. “Chase” I turn around seeing, one of Aprils best friends Macey, she is a really nice girl, and most likely the only girl that doesn’t dislike April.

You see through-out school. April was the girl who hanged out with the guys, her best friends. Nick, Ash and I. We were popular, April never wanted that much attention, she hanged out with us, but not with our other ‘friends’. Most of the girls hated April, I mean she was best friends with the three most popular guys, she knew me since we were in diapers, and we met Nick and Ash in kinder, If you look at her, what’s not to hate. Most of the guys wanted to be with April, but she never paid them attention, that doesn’t mean she never went with them, because she had, I just made it hard for her. I mean April is mine. Anyway, she met Macey in year 7, I guess they have been best friends ever since, I remember she was always there, when we were dating. 

I smile, looking at her “Hey Macey haven’t seen you in a while” I smile she nods.

“Yer how are you? Have you seen April and the boys?” she ask, I look at her confused but nod anyway

“I’m good, and yes I have, do you know who the father is” I ask, her eyes go wide.

“You don’t know” she ask, I shake my head no, making her eyes (if possible) get wider. “I have to go” Than she turns around and runs, off. I sigh, walking to the kitchen there are drinks lined up, since it’s her eighteenth. I grab one taking a seat when I hear someone clearing there voice behind me. I turn around, still sitting.