Chapter 1: Birthday Wishes

Not So Simple

Chapter 1: Birthday Wishes

I love you, daddy” I smile at my daughter looking up at me; this little girl is my life she always has been always will be. I just wish, this was true, but this life was ripped away from me. I wish, this is how my story really started, but than if I think about it, it’s not my story to tell. “I love you too” I whisper.

---------

I stare at the photo of me and my father, he was a great man, and he left to tour, my father was in a band, he was the guitarist. My mum said she fell in love with him insanely. He died, didn’t even make it to his second show, on the tour, the plane blew up. I feel the tears slip down my checks. “April-Mae, are you awake” I look over at the door. While my mother walks in, smiling. “Happy Eighteenth Birthday sweetheart” I smile.

“Thank you mummy” I smile, getting up, walking over to her. She pulls me into a hug, I see my little brother run through the door.

“Happy birthday Ape” he smiles, I thank him kissing the top of this head. He is twelve. I was seven when my daddy left, little did dad know my mum was pregnant with Adam. “That’s gross April” he laughs walking out of my room. I shake my head, looking at my mum, who is now sitting on my bed staring at the photo; I knew I forgot to put something away.

“Sorry” I say sitting beside her, he hasn’t been the happiest person these last twelve years. Photos make her upset.

“Don’t worry about it sweetie, once your dressed come down, for breakfast and then you can have your presents.” She announces I smile nod. Once she gone, I grab my stuff going straight to the bathroom. Turning on the water, and stripping down, I step in feeling the hot water running over my body, I couldn’t help but wonder, what would happen if my daddy was still here, would he love Adam, One thing I know, I would love my dad, as much as I did then. I was always a daddy’s girl.

Once I was out and dressed, I walked down stairs to the kitchen, a plate of eggs and bacon sitting on the bench. “There you go sweetie” she smiles, I thank her looking around. “The boys are asleep, so eat in peace” she smiles. I thank her taking a seat.

Now let me tell you a story. When I was little, I had these friends, they always wanted to be like, my daddy, and they got there to. I am so proud of them; I mean I am there number one fan. Star Grip is there band name, Chase, Ash and Nick, My best friends. I thought it was cool, that they wanted to be famous. Then I started dating one of them, we were always closer. We had been going out for a year, we had taken our next step in our relationship, and I loved him.

I was sixteen, as was Chace and Ash, Nick was 15, his birthday is December, Baby of the group anyway Star Grip, got this great opportunity to travel, around but for, over a year.  I was so happy for them, but I was so scared that they wouldn’t make it back, especially after what happened to my father. Chace realized how hard it will be, but we tried. When I found out I was pregnant, I just wanted to scream it out, and tell them, but half of me wanted to cry because I was sixteen.

A few week of deciding what I was going to do, I got a call, from the band saying that they will be away for another year it hurt, than Chase decided it would be easier if we broke, up which I agreed, I never got to tell, him. I did try and call them once, but all their numbers where disconnected and we lost contact. I know there alive though, I always see them on television.

I ended up, having twins, twin boys Conner Dale and Brodie Lewis. For anyone who knows Chase well enough knows that that’s his middle names. Chase Lewis Dale Hastings. And after everything I still love him. It’s been three years; I still don’t know what happened that last year. But I know that’s it my senior year and I have two three year olds to look after.

If you think about it, my boys are like Adam, there father left, before having a chance to meet them, same with Adam. Sometimes I wish it was different. But it’s not and that’s really sucks.

“Mummy, Mummy” I look down seeing Brodie, standing there smiling at me, Where I have light brown hair, and green eyes. Brodie has the Dark brown hair, like Chase but green eyes like me. Then there is Conner who has the dark brown hair, but blue eyes, looks a lot like Chase. Brodie is the baby; Conner is about, two minutes older.

“Yes baby” I ask, having a drink on my coffee.

“Happy Birthy-day” he smiles.

“Thank you bub” I smile kissing the top of his head.

“Happy birthday Mummy” I hear Conner yell, he has always spoke clearer than Brodie.

“Thanks Con” I laugh, putting my plate in the sink. I here footsteps, turning around I see my mum, staring at me.

She smiles “ready for that present” she ask, I nod as gives me a small box. I open to see a small key, than a note,

Happy Birthday April-Mae

‘I know you want to be independent, but it’s your birthday, so here is the key to your new house, it has, five bedrooms, and everything else you need, I have been getting it build for a while and its finally ready, Furniture and ready to live in.’

The address is….

~Mum + Adam

I smile; I swear I had tears in my eyes. I look at mum, who is grinning at me like a fool; she knew I had been looking for a house. “I’m not kicking you out, I’m just helping with the thing you have always wanted” she smiles

I laugh “thank you so much mummy” I smile, hugging into her. “I love you mum” I smiles.

“I love you to sweetheart” She pulls back smiling, I am so happy it’s unbelievable. “Would you like to go have a look” she asks, I nod.

I grab my keys, “boys” I yell, hearing small footsteps, “we have to get dressed, where going to have a look at our new house” I say.

“Yay” they cheers, I smile watching them run up the stairs.

“Careful” I warn, following them.

After they were fully dressed, we walked out to my car, it’s more modern than old, and I got it for my birthday last year. Moments later they were bucked in and, I was driving to my new house. “Mummy” I look in the rear view mirror, seeing Conner looking at me.

“Yes” I answer

He giggles “I hungry” he smiles,

“Hungry hey, why on earth would you be hungry” I laugh, making him smile. I pull up at the new, house its beautiful, why she would do this, I don’t know. On second thought, why is the house so big? I pull out the keys, and get out. The boys already unbuckled themselves just need me to open the door.

The boys run up to the door, I stare at the white wooden house in front of me. I can’t believe this. I fiddle with my keys, finding the house key. The boys run in straight away the minute I open the door. I look around, seeing a beautiful house, in front of me. “Mummy” I look to my right, seeing the lounge room. “There’s someone here” I panic running in there, than I see the people I thought I would never see again.

Thanks for Reading

Picture: April-Mae... Victoria Levina

Please vote, comment

~Tylah