Chapter 2: I Promise

Not So Simple

Chapter 2: I Promise

I stare at a band named Star Grip “Happy Birthday, April” Nick smiles; I shake my head, not really believing what I am seeing. I see Ash and Nick. I feel someone tugging on the bottom of my jeans. I look at the boys standing there staring up at me.

“Who they mummy” Brodie, ask. I look at Nick, and Ash.

I bend down, to eye level “There your uncles boys, what do you say, you two go upstairs, have a look around the rest of the house, yer” I say they both nod turning around and walking away. I stand back up straight, looking at Ash and Nick, both staring at me. “Why are you here” I say breaking the silence, there face fall, as if they thought they had hope.

“Well it’s your birthday April, why wouldn’t we be here” I hear a new voice, a voice that used to make me melt.

I turn around “because, you haven’t been here for the last three, years” I say, feeling like I wanted to cry. “So why are you guys here and why are you in my house” I ask, looking between the three boys.

“Senior year” Ash mumbles, I watch Nick, hit Ash. I knew something was up

“What” I ask, looking at Ash

“Senior Year, that’s why we’re here, we have to do our last year at our old… I mean your school.” Ash, signs, that’s why, not because they cared, not because they wanted to see me, or wanted to be home, just for school.

I feel a tear slip down my face, quickly wiping it away; I begin to walk out of the room. Someone grabs my arm. “Please don’t leave, April” I look at Chase, shaking my head “please” he begs. I move my arm away calling out to the boys,

“Conner, Brodie lets go” I yell.

“Why, we not stay at home” Brodie, ask. I look at him slowly smiling.

“We have to get something from grandmas, than we will come home” I say walking out the door.

“April, please” I hear one of them yell, but I keep walking to the car. They thought it would be simple, to leave for three years and just come back into my life, like that.

------------------------------------------Chace POV--------------------------------------------------------------

I look at the time: 3:30am, April-Mae’s birthday, god I love that girl, as I always will but she most likely hates me now, I mean who would blame her. “Yo, Chace you ready” I look at Ash, who is staring at me. I finally get to see her again.

A few days ago, we got a call from Mrs. Stewart saying she would like us to see April, for her birthday, which we agreed to. I get up, walking down the stairs and to our private jet. “Chacy” I turn around seeing Lisa.

“Lisa, don’t call me that” I say walking to the boys.

“But I’m your number one fan” she smirks.

I shake my head no “no you’re not, I already know who is” I laugh walking up the steps to the plane.

“I will see you soon Chace” she yells, as the door closes.

I can’t believe we have been away for three years, I still remember the phone call.

 “Chace you have to understand that this trip, is going longer than expected, you will be staying here for a few mouths, before the next one starts” Mum says, I look away, I can’t believe this, I just want to get back to April, she is still waiting for my return, I mean she is already scared, what happened to her dad, will happen to us.