Chapter 11: Dancing Around Back Stage

Not So Simple

Chapter 11: Dancing Around Back Stage

That next morning, we are sitting in the kitchen, having breakfast. “Mummy, its cold” Conner says, I grin.

“Con, its cereal, it is supposed to be cold” I say, silently laughing, he shakes his head no. I look back to my bowl. I look at the time, seeing it’s around 8:30 now, the kids have been awake since six. Today we have decided we are going to let Ms. Hasting meet her grandchildren, a little afraid to be honest. Than we are going to my mums, I really need to talk to her.

“so when are we leaving” I look up from my bowl to Chase, he doesn’t look to good, probably getting the ‘man flu’, He looks really tired, puffy eyes and a red nose, Poor Chacey.

I shrug “not sure, soon I believe” I say, he nods putting his head on the table “not feeling well” I ask, he looks at me, shaking his head.

“I feel like sh-“he looks at the boys “I mean I feel horrible” he say, I cackle a little making him fake-scroll at me, making me laugh again. My phone vibrates beside me.

‘Hey sweetie I thought, I will let you know, that we have decided to come down a little earlier, should see you in a few days ~Aunt Kay.’

I smile at the text; I have missed my Aunt so much it isn’t funny. “What got you so happy” I look back at Chase smiling.

“Aunt Kay, coming back soon, probably with Lisa, but I don’t care” I laugh, watching him tense when I mentioned the name Lisa “what wrong” I ask, he shakes his head nothing standing up, putting the bowls in the sink.

“Nothing I’m going to go get ready” he says walking back upstairs, I am a little confused now. Okay he might be sick, but he doesn’t need to be a prick.

‘Hey that rhymed’

I smile to myself, telling the boys we have to get ready.

***

The kids where in the car and Chace was driving to his mum. I kept looking at him, not actually knowing why. When we were getting closer, I actually kind of freaked out. Chase puts his hand on my knee, trying to calm me down. I put my hand over his, while us pulling up in the drive, of the house still looking the same.

The kids undo themselves, when I opened the door; they ran up the long path. Chase grabbed the bag, walking around to me “it will be fine, stop worrying” he says, I nod. He smiles grabbing my hand while we walk. I don’t move it either I just keep walking.

Chase knocks on the door, I think being polite. When Ms. Hasting opens the door, she had this cold look in her eyes; I feel one of the boys grab my hand. Looking down I see Brodie, than I realize Conner grabbed hold of Chase. We kind of looked like a happy family. “Hey mum, we were thinking you would like to meet your grandkids” Chase begins breaking the silence.

She shakes her head “not really, I knew coming back here wasn’t a good idea” She growls, glaring at me. I look away, hearing her laugh “still the same girl as always April-Mae” she growls, “I feel sorry for your children, to have a mother like you” she glares.

“Mother-” Chase begins but I cut him off.

“A mother like me, I think I am a great mother, I have been there for them, through everything. I was 16 when I had them and still kept them, still stayed in school, and got a job to help me through everything. I never once relied on my mother, nor did I get him to help me. While he was touring, and you were fucking some dirty prick, I was here helping my children. I never once gave up and if I were you I would watch your mouth, because you’re not showing any true mothering skills either, where’s your other kid, Ms. Cause he sure as hell wasn’t dancing around back stage while your ‘not’ so favourite son was playing.” I yell, pushing my boys behind me.

She scrolls at me, with that cold glare “your right, he wasn’t I sent it to his bastard of a father, at least I wasn’t the slut that fall pregnant at the age of sixteen, and at least I didn’t keep it away from their father” she yells, back at me “yes I was having sex with the band manger, who knew Chase would go crazy, but coming back here was horrible, you weren’t supposed to have kids, especially to my son. You weren’t supposed to make them quit.” She screams.

“I didn’t make them quit, I never forced your son to have sex with me, just in case you forgot, we were dating. I didn’t tell him to leave me; I didn’t even force him back to help me. I haven’t done anything wrong, I thought he loved the band, so get your fucking head out of your ass, cause it sure as hell not a hat, and wake up and see your son doesn’t want to be in the band, he doesn’t want what you wanted him to want I am pretty sure, you are only doing this because of the money. Wake up Ms. H, because the sky is shining so much brighter out here.” I say turn around with my boys walking back to the car.

I put the boys in the car, sitting in the passenger’s seat. “That was rude mum, those where my kids your where talking about” Chase screams, Ms. Hastings tries to talk, I watch Chase shake his head “go to hell”

He screams, walking to the car.

Once we were back on the road in awkward silence “I’m sorry” I say, making him look at me, a little confused.

He shakes his head “For what” he ask, I shrug

“I should have just left it, I just got so angry” I sigh, he laughs. Yes He Laughs.

“Don’t worry about it, she had it coming. I am actually glad you did it. She has always looked down on you” he says, I nod understanding what he is talking about, let’s just say, I wasn’t the bravest person. We pull up at my mother’s seeing an unusual car parked in the drive way, I look at Chase who shrugs. We both get out, opening the doors, for the boys. Again Brodie grabs my hand while Conner grabs Chase. “I think this will be fine” he smiles grabbing my hand once again. I nod walking up to the door.

It better be fine, I am not in the mood, so mum better have a good reason as to why she hasn’t been talking to me’

My mum opens the door, smiling we walk inside, mum looks at our hand connection. She smiles at me, walking to the lounge. “So how have you been” My mum asks, hugging the boys.

“Okay, a little concerned” I say making her smile drop and her look at me.

“I have a lot of things, happening April, it’s been hard” she says, I stare at her, waiting for her to continue “there is something I need to tell you about-“My mum was cut off.

“Oh you are finally, here” I look up seeing my Aunt Kay. The biggest smile spreads across my face, running over to her.

“Mum who’s here” I look up seeing Lisa, walk out staring at me, her eyes land on Chase. So I look at him, seeing him glaring at Lisa.

Wait what just happened, how do they know each other.  “What’s going on” I ask, as everyone sits down, around the coffee table.

Thanks for Reading

Question: Who else hates Chases mum? What do they have to tell April?

Next Update: Vote, Vote, Vote please I would love Votes and Comments.

Please vote, comment

~Tylah