Chapter 26 - Family Speach

Thanks soo much for nearly 60k reads and 3k voted AND 1k comments! That is amazing and I love you all 😘

-Troye POV-

I still hadn't decided what I was going to do about the situation, do I ignore him until this blows over or do we act like nothing is wrong and continue with our old friendship, as hard as that may be?

No doubt all our YouTube friends will know before the end of the first day but we can't let the viewers know anything is wrong and if we aren't together at all and it's awkward on stage they'll notice right? they're not fucking blind Troye, of course they'd notice!

I put my head in my hands and sigh, this is such a mess.

At that moment my mum comes in and sits down on my bed next to me, "Hey Tok, can you come upstairs for a second, we're having a family meeting"

I groan and stand up and for the first time in days my mum has a proper view of me and she does a double take, my eyes are bloodshot and puffy and my lips are swollen from biting them so much and I am terribly sleep deprived so I couldn't have looked my greatest.

She gives me a sympathetic look before ushering my out my room and up the stairs to the living room where she throws me a blanket to cover my bare chest and goes off to get the rest of my family from the kitchen.

They come in one-by-one and smile gently at me before all taking the seats opposite me so that I am facing them all.

We sit there in silence for a moment and the air becomes tense and awkward and all I want to do is curl up into a ball in my room and go on tumblr.

I pull the blanket up to my chin so only my head is showing and I look at them innocently, "So what did you want to talk about?"

My family share a look before looking back at me and I shrink further into the sofa at their stare.

Steele is the first to break the silence, "We wanted to talk to you about last week, what happened at the airport"

I shake my head and let out a humourless laugh, "If you think I am talking about that to you guys then you are delusional" and with that I get up and try to leave but Tyde stands up and forces me back onto the sofa and sits next to me, making it clear to me that I have no where to run and hide.

I sigh, giving up on trying to escape this conversation, I had been trying to for so long now that I knew it would come back to bite me in the ass one day, I guess today is that day. Great.

"What is there to talk about" I ask tentatively, "All I did was kiss Tyler, no big deal"

Liar liar pants on fire my head sings and I know that my family don't believe me for a second.

"But it is a big deal Troye! you haven't spoken to anyone since it happened and you have practically become a recluse!" Steele cries.

"But I have spoken to someone, I spoke to Zoe earlier today about it all and I feel a lot better"

"So you told Zoe but not us?" Sage says and I feel slightly guilty at the hurt expression that appears on her face.

"I didn't tell her, Tyler did"

"And what exactly did Tyler say?" My dad asks.

"He wanted advice on something. Zoe wouldn't tell me what but it was probably like how best to tell me that whatever we have is over" I slump into my chair as I can't help my eyes welling up at the thought of loosing Tyler; that is not an option.

"And what exactly are you?" Steele asks, sitting up straighter as if he was more engaged in this conversation now.

"I don't know, I mean he's my best friend but so if Kayla but with Kay we don't cuddle or kiss or sleep together but with Ty it just feels like the natural thing to do. But now that we have kissed it's just going to be awkward, we'll never be able to do any of that again." I say sadly.

"Why not? You've kissed before, why should this be any different?" Tyde asks.

"Because last time it was a gift to our viewers but this time it was different"

"Different how?" Sage asks gently.

"I don't know, it was just different, it was as though I couldn't let go, like he was the only thing holding me to Earth and if I let go I would loose myself. I couldn't stop and I just wanted to carry on forever, like I wanted to kiss him for eternity"

I suddenly realise that this is my family I am talking to and I immediately go red and slump in my seat, burying my face in my hands, refusing to look at them.

I suddenly feel a hand gently lifting my face and I find my mum only a few inches from my face, smiling gently, "I think that's called love, sweetheart" she says softly.

My mouth falls open and I stare at her in shock, "w-what?" I stutter out.

"Love honey, is basically everything you just described, when you can't and don't want to imagine a day without them and you never want to loose them. Love comes in many forms, whether that is a platonic love or a romantic love you and Tyler love each other and the sooner you two realise that the better"

"Yeah it's like you guys are soulmates or something, like you guys are meant for each other." Tyde adds, smirking slightly.

I sigh and fiddle with my thumbs, "Baby?" my mum calls and I look up to meet my families eyes.

"What do you feel?" my mum asks.

"What, like what kind of love?" My family nod.

"I have no idea" I say honestly.

I really don't have a clue what I feel anymore, that kiss has messed with my feelings and now I am confused as fuck.

"Well then the only way to know is to see Tyler again, you'll know when you see him" my dad says confidently like this is the most simple thing in the world and the entire problem is solved with that single statement.

I sigh loudly, I guess I'll have to play it by year and see what happens.

Whatever does happen I will never have a life without my Tilly, I'll do whatever it takes to make sure of that.

A/N

There you go, the next chapter!! The next one will be the first vidcon chapter! woo!!

#tpptroyler