Chapter Twenty

M E A N I N G F U L
M I S T A K E S
Chapter Twenty

M E A N I N G F U L M I S T A K E S Chapter Twenty

Friday. It's the only word going through my head right now. All I have to do is survive the school day, than I can curl up in bed for the whole weekend without a worry to cross my mind.

I find myself growing excited by every passing second in my last period class. Five minutes left of sitting here with the teacher leaning over his desk- half asleep.

I can't sneak out because he sleeps as light as a feather. The horrid door would squeak then all hell would break loose.

"Psst- Lolita." I look up to Becky who has twisted in her seat to look back at me. "How are you feeling?" She asks me in a hushed whisper, the same volume everyone else is speaking in.

I smile softly at her concern. "Better now."

She grins in return and one of her braids slips over her shoulder. "I'm really sorry about yesterday." Her smile is replaced with a look of sympathy. "I tried to stop Mia from doing it."

"Don't beat yourself up about it. You were the only person that had the guts to try and stop her. I'm really thankful for that, Becky."

I haven't seen her smile like this ever since Mia had taken over the cheerleading team. "You need to be captain again. I talked with the girls and they all miss you."

My chest aches. "You know I would love too, but I can't with her there. She managed to convince principal Morrison that I wasn't 'stable' enough to be apart of the team."

Becky's eyebrows knot together. "I can't believe her. We were told you didn't want to come back the entire time. She always feeds her lies."

"I'd do anything to go back to the team. I never abandoned you girls, I was kicked out. Some of my best days were with the squad." I'm honest.

"Yeah, we had so much fun back then. We actually enjoyed cheerleading. Now we can never wait until it's over." She rolls her eyes frustratingly.

A frown settles on my lips. "I wish there was something I could do to help." There's nothing. There never will be.

Her shoulders straighten. "There might be something you can do." Becky smirks- smirks. She doesn't do that.

Just as I attempt to ask about her idea, the bell rings loudly and students jump to their feet- racing to the door immediately with their packed bags.

"See you on Monday." Becky stands up and throws her backpack over her shoulder. I'm the only one who hasn't packed up yet. I hadn't been paying much attention the entire time.

"Have a good weekend." I say before she leaves. I quickly shove my belongings into my bag and leave the empty classroom. Everyone had already left in a hurry.