Prompt #46

Prompt: Hey, so I wad reading the Changing Will Prompts and noticed how Will always gets mad at Ethan, and Ethan starts crying and Will has to reassure him and stuff. How about it happened the other way around? Like, Will stepped on and broke Ethan's favourite Billy Talent CD. Ethan was having a bad day and so was Will. So Ethan yells at Will and Will starts crying, then it's Ethan reassuring Will.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                My day was the definition of awful. Not only had Jude and his lovely friends kicked the shit out of me afterschool, but Benji, Gideon, and Sonnet were at a friend’s party, and they kept posting pictures online, looking like they were having so much fun. To top it off, I had failed a big test in math, and now my parents were mad at me for that.

                I groaned and turned my music up louder. I had put in my favorite Billy Talent CD, which was something I only did on the really bad days.

                I hugged my knees to my chest as I sat in the corner of my room, mouthing along the words to the song. I was sore and angry. I just wanted to go to sleep for the rest of my life, but not considered dead or in a coma or…you know what? I just wanted to turn into a fly and buzz around and annoy the shit out of Jude for the rest of my short fly life.

                There was a knock on my door and I looked up as Will came in. I could tell from his expression that he wasn’t having a great day either.

                “Hey,” he grumbled, shutting the door.

                I got up and turned my music off, popping out my CD. I put it back in the case and set it down with my other CDs, going over to Will.

                “You look miserable,” I said, kissing him.

                “You don’t look like sunshine and rainbows either,” he said.

                I went over to my bed and sat on the edge of it. “But I’m gay and adorable.”

                “Well, you’re definitely gay,” he said, crossing his arms.

                I mentally groaned. Great, Will was looking for a fight. I didn’t want to fight with him, because I was ready to snap on someone and I didn’t want that person to be Will.

                “Don’t be rude,” I said, trying to keep my temper. “Seriously, just cut it out today, Will.”

                “Someone’s cranky,” he said.

                “Yea, you are,” I said.

                “Shut up,” he growled, moving towards me. “I haven’t had a good day and-”

                CRACK.

                We both froze and Will looked down at my CD, currently crushed under his shoe. He bent down and picked it up, opening the case and revealing the cracked CD.

                Fury swept through me. “You broke my favorite CD, you fucking asshole! All because you had to be in a bad mood and try to pick a fight with me! God, you’re so fucking stupid sometimes! I can’t stand you!”

                Will looked at me in shock. My heart sank as I saw his eyes start to fill with tears. He turned away from me in embarrassment and slapped an arm over his eyes.

                “I’m sorry,” he said, his voice shaking. “I’m sorry, it was just an accident, I didn’t mean to do it.”

                I jumped off of my bed and went over to him, putting my arms around him. “I’m sorry,” I whispered. “I shouldn’t have said that.”

                “I failed a test I had studied for, and my footage from two days of shooting got erased, and it’s just been such a shitty day,” he said, trying to pull his emotions back. He turned in my arms and hugged me back, burying his face against my shoulder. “Did you mean it? When you said you can’t stand me?”

                “No,” I said, rubbing his back and kissing his cheek. “I didn’t mean it at all. You know that I love you, Will.”

                “I love you Ethan. I’m sorry I broke your CD,” he said, and more tears came to his eyes. He hid his face against my shoulder again. “I’m sorry. Shit. I’m just tired and having a bad day.”

                “I’m not going to make fun of you for crying, Will,” I said, feeling horrible. Will never cried. “Look, don’t worry about the CD.”

                I pulled him over to my bed and laid down with him, kissing him gently. He stared at me, his eyes shining with tears, embarrassment and helplessness on his face.

                “Will, I’m not mad at you,” I assured. “I was just in a bad mood. I love you, and that’s not going to change just because you accidentally stepped on a CD that I carelessly left on the ground.”

                “Shit.” He wiped at his eyes and glared at me. “We don’t talk about this!”

                I smiled softly and kissed him. “I love you, I’m not mad at you, and I’ll probably taunt you about this until the day you die because I love how much of a softie you are.”

                “Ethan,” he groaned.

                I hugged him tighter and he sighed, kissing my cheek and resting his head on my shoulder. We laid together comfortably, and I mentally scolded myself for snapping at Will like that. I hated upsetting him for real, and I wanted to avoid doing it as much as possible. I would never leave this sweet, moody boyfriend of mine.