Changing Will Prompts

Promt: Can you do one for Changing Will where something happens to Ethan and will gets really worried? Please?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                “William, it’s just me,” mom said as she came into my bedroom.

                She carried a laundry basket over and began to put my clothes away for me. She was in a cleaning mood, which meant I got out of doing my laundry this week.

                “Where’s Ethan?” she asked.

                “I don’t know. He hasn’t texted me back,” I said with a shrug.

                I was lying down on my bed, playing QuizUp on my phone. I was so bored, and of course Ethan wasn’t texting me back. He was probably too busy getting himself into trouble again.

                “Did you try calling him?” she asked.

                “No mom, I thought telepathy was a better idea,” I said. “Of course I tried calling him.”

                “Will!”

                Sonnet ran into my room. I flicked my eyes towards her lazily before returning them to my phone.

                “What do you want brat? Make it quick,” I said.

                “Ethan,” she said, sounding worried.

                I sat up. “What about him?”

                “Benji just called me. Ethan’s been in the hospital since late last night,” she said.

                “What?” I cried. “Why? What happened to him?”

                “Apparently he accidentally ate something with nuts in it,” she said. “Benji said his parents rushed him to the hospital.”

                “Is he okay?” I asked anxiously.

                “Benji said Ethan should be home soon,” she said.

                “I have to go see him,” I said, jumping up and searching around for a shirt since I was currently topless.

                “William! Will, calm down,” my mom said, grabbing my shoulders. “Sonnet said he’d be home soon. He’s not home yet. Wait until you hear from him, or Benji, or Ethan’s parents.”

                “Mom, I have to go see him!” I said impatiently.

                “William, I know you’re worried about him. But you need to just calm down,” she said gently. “Just sit down and wait until you hear from someone that he’s home.”

                She forced me to sit on my bed and kissed my forehead. “He’s going to be okay if he’s coming home soon.”

                I began to shake my leg impatiently, gripping my phone. No wonder Ethan hadn’t texted me back or returned my calls.

                God, I was going to be the one having panic attacks if I didn’t hear from someone soon. I wanted to see Ethan right away. Eating nuts could kill him.

                Sonnet and my mom watched me. Mom sighed and gave my shoulder a reassuring squeeze.

                “I’m going to go make you some tea. You need to calm down,” she said and left my room.