Prompt #3

Prompt: Will gets frustrated with Ethan because of something and he says "no wonder your father sees you as a disappointment" without thinking. Ethan crys, runs upstairs, and collapses infront of the porch having a panic attack. Will follows him apologizing and helps him out if his attack. Ethan tries to leave but Will carries him back to his room and holds him to himself until he falls asleep. The last words Ethan hears before he completely sleep is, "I love you." (Kinda dark I know)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                Will had a swell bad mood going, and I was stuck in his bedroom. I guess he was sleep deprived from script writing for his show, and pissed off because of things that had gone wrong during the actual filming of the show.

                I was just a simple peasant when it came to the world of television production, so he might as well have been speaking Chinese as he paced around his room ranting. I sat on his bed, watching him with little interest.

                “Filming an interview isn’t that hard! But that idiot didn’t follow the rule of thirds. And he left way too much headroom. Our editor didn’t use B-roll to hide the jump cuts. And during our regular filming, no one followed the 180 degree rule!” he snapped.

                See? Chinese.

                “God, is it too much to ask for someone to focus their camera? Maybe remember the zebra?” he said angrily.

                Remember the zebra? What the hell?

                “William, this is fascinating and all, but you’re confusing the hell out of me. Now I’m just imagining a zebra sitting in the corner feeling left out,” I said.

                Will raked a hand through his hair and scowled deeply. “Whatever. I’m over it.”

                “No you’re not. But as long as you stop ranting about it to me, I’m happy. Go rant to Asher or Phoenix or someone who actually understands what you’re talking about,” I said.

                “Whatever. How did your history test go?” he grumbled, moving towards me.

                I dug around my bag, pulling out the test and sighing. Will had stayed up late last night to help me study for a history test.

                “I bombed it,” I said.

                He narrowed his eyes. “What? Tell me you’re kidding.”

                I shook my head. “Nah, bombed that shit like it was Hiroshima.”

                He snatched the test out of my hand. He eyed the 42% scribbled on top and crumbled the paper, whipping it on the floor.

                “Dammit Ethan! I stayed up all night to help you study for that damn test! We’re you even paying attention to me at all?” he yelled.

                I kept a calm expression despite the feelings rising in me. I hated it when people got mad at me over stuff like this. I had tried really hard. I was just bad at history.

                “Yes, I was paying attention to you Will. I just suck at history,” I said.

                “You suck at a lot of things, Ethan,” he snarled.

                “Like you,” I said, grinning.

                “Wipe that damn grin off your face!” He got up close to me. “You piss me off! I didn’t sleep just to help you, and you still failed! You dumbass!”

                I gulped, trying to back away from him a little. “Sorry.”

                “No, you’re not sorry. Because everything is a big fucking joke to you. God you piss me off, Ethan. No wonder your father sees you as a disappointment!” he snapped.

                I could feel my eyes watering and wiped at them in embarrassment. I shoved by Will and raced upstairs, wanting to get away from him.

                “Ethan!” he called after me, sounding upset.

                I ignored him. I didn’t care how pissed off and tired he was. It didn’t give him the right to say shit like that to me.

                What if he was so mad at me that he broke up with me? What if he kept yelling at me? What if he was right about my dad?

                My hands trembled violently and I tripped, falling to the ground outside of Will’s house. I gasped for air, but couldn’t get enough. I curled in on myself.

                “No,” I moaned as my body temperature began to go crazy and sweat dripped down my forehead.

                I squeezed my eyes shut as a panic attack claimed my body, pumping through me with a terrifying force. My body trembled and the world spun and I was hot and cold and nothing was okay and I was going crazy.

                “Ethan!” Will cried in alarm as he hurried outside. He dropped next to me and pulled me into his lap, cradling my body and taking my hand in his. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry I yelled at you. God, I’m an asshole.” He pressed his forehead against mine. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry Ethan.”

                I gasped like a fish out of water, clutching wildly at Will’s shirt as my attack only seemed to get worse. Will stroked my hair, holding me close to his body.

                “It’s okay,” he soothed gently. “I’m right here for you. I’m always here for you.” He squeezed my hand.

                I looked into his eyes, where honesty was potent. I gripped his shirt tighter, not even caring that I was wrinkling it.

                He held me tightly. “Calm down,” he whispered, kissing my temple. “I’m sorry I snapped at you. I had no right to. I was angry. But I calmed down. Now you need to calm down.”

                My body temperature began to even out and I felt the warmth of Will’s hand. Slowly, my breathing regulated itself and I came out of my panic attack.

                “I should head home,” I said after a while of silence.

                Will stood up with me in his arms. “No.”

                “What do you mean no?” I asked, wrapping my arms around his neck.

                “It’s late, you just had a panic attack, and I want to keep an eye on you,” he said, carrying me back into his house.

                “Will, you need to sleep. I need to go home,” I said, though I felt exhausted.

                “I sleep better when you’re here. I’ve told you that before,” he said, carrying me down to his bedroom and setting me on his bed. He crawled in next to me, pulling me into his arms and kissing my cheek. “Besides, you look exhausted. So shut up and sleep.”        

                I curled against him, slipping an arm around his waist and burying my head against his shoulder comfortably. He ran a hand through my hair as I closed my eyes.

                “I love you Ethan,” Will mumbled as I slipped off to sleep, a smile coming to my face.