Chapter 12 ~ Brothers, memories and kisses

Hey, sorry that it's taken so long. No one made me a cover *sniff sniff* :'(. Not quite sure when the next chapter will be because i know where the storie's headed but I've got so many ideas that I don't know what to do next but hopefully it will be soon.

love JayJay xx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Distorted Glass

Chapter 12

                                        My breathing was laboured as I shot up in the bed. I looked around frantically and I was relieved when I realised that I was in Aaron’s room, in his bed and with nobody but him here, fast asleep and snoring softly. He wasn’t here, my father wasn’t here, I was safe. The nightmare hadn’t been real. I snuggled closer to Aaron and tried to fall back to sleep but I couldn’t. I tossed and turned for a few moments, hoping to get comfy and go back to sleep but I had a bad tingly feeling that was left over from the dream and it wouldn’t go away.

                                         Finally I gave up and decided to go to the kitchen, a glass of milk might help to calm me down. I shuffled to the edge of the bed and stood up slowly as I was still hurting. I moved slowly across the room and opened the door, I looked back when it creaked but I was happy to see Aaron still slept peacefully. I moved down the hallway but it was as I got to the stairs that problems arose. With each step that I descended my whole body was met with pain, each time worse than the last. My eyes were brimming with tears and my head was bowed when I finally reached the bottom.

                          “Ree?” I looked up. “Aw, come here.”

                                          I went forward into my brother’s warm embrace and immediately started crying. I didn’t bother with wondering why he was still here or what he was doing downstairs in the early hours of the morning. For that moment I wanted to be selfish.

                                          I cried because my whole body hurt.

                                          I cried because my parents abused me.

                                          I cried because my father raped me.

                                          I cried because my sister was a bitch.

                                          I cried because I was scared of my growing feelings for Aaron.

                                          I cried because I had really missed my oldest brother.