Chapter 11 ~ Not the homecoming he expected

Hey :) I'm so sorry that it's taken so long to write but it's finally here. I'm not sure when the next chapter will be because I'm going on holiday soon. I hope you all have a great summer. Enjoy!

JayJay xx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Distorted Glass

Chapter 11

                                                    My first thought after opening my eyes the next morning was that this was the second time that I had woken up in this bed, in pain at the Carter’s house, only this time it was much, much worse. As I became more conscious my memory of going home started to return.

                                                     I was no longer in the comfy bed surrounded by the safe feeling that I only ever seemed to feel when I was in the Carter household. No, instead I was back in my parents’ house, chained to the ceiling in the musky, dark and cold basement. All of the fear and pain that I had felt returned to my body as relived everything that my father had done to me. Suddenly his face appeared right in front of mine. I started screaming and hyperventilating at the same time although I’m not sure how I managed it. All I knew was that I couldn’t let him touch me again; I wouldn’t let him hurt me any more than he already had. My body struggled against the chains that bound me whilst my body writhed in panic. I had to get away. I needed to get away for him. My father opened his mouth and spoke but the voice that left his lips wasn’t that of my father. This voice sounded both worried and scared, two emotions that I knew my father was unable to produce. However this didn’t affect me, all I could see was his horrid face leering at me menacingly, a face that I would forever be afraid of.

                                          “Aaron!” The voice that came from my father’s mouth yelled.

                                                      That confused me. Why would my father yell that? Still, I couldn’t find it in myself to care. The flashbacks were coming quicker now; short images and clips of the pain he had caused me before quickly moving onto something else that he had done. There were childhood memories in there too. I saw the only other time that my father had dragged me down here to our basement, I felt the cutting of the belt buckle as it made contact with my skin, I heard his derisive laughter, I remembered the blows that my mother had given me when I had done something wrong, sometimes when I had done nothing wrong. The remembered pain of my father’s thrusts made my screams louder and my struggled attempts to escape more frantic.

                                                        Somebody grabbed me and held me close to them. Tears streamed down my face as I tried to get away from my father. No, not again. I couldn’t go through that again. It was then that his smell hit me. My father didn’t smell like that, there was only one person who I knew that smelt like that. I stopped screaming and struggling although I was still hyperventilating. I let his unique smell wash over me and comfort me. Without my screams filling the air I could hear the words that he was saying to me.

                                          “I’ve got you, princess. Shh, it’s gonna be okay.” He kept murmuring in my ear.

                                                         Noticing that I was no longer struggling, he lifted me into a sitting position and cradled me on his lap. I snuggled closer to him and pressed my face into the crook of his neck, taking in his scent. I slowed my breathing to match his as it stirred my hair. I calmed down slowly and Aaron just held me closely whispering things into my ear as I sought comfort in his embrace.