Chapter Twenty-eight

YOUR POV

I continued to drive in silence, not wanting to know where my next destination is, but I decided to call Yuon anway. I didn't want things to turn out this way. All I wanted was for everyone to become friends.

I bit my lip tightly, making sure that it inflicts some pain. I wanted this to be a dream, that's all I wanted it to be.

But nobody always gets what they want.

I allowed the cool breeze to flow through my window, hanging up the phone, before I could even get a response from Yuon. Right now, I just needed a moment for myself to just breathe.

My ringtone, loudly, broke the uncomfortable silence I was driving in. I looked at the name of the caller, only to feel my stomach drop.

It was Yoongi.

I didn't want to pick up the phone, I knew I didn't. But I need some answers from both sources, or else the truth will unravel in a way that none of us probably will want. "[M/N], I-" Yoongi began, but I snapped. "Listen, I want answers, Yoongi. You've kept too much from me for me to trust you at this point, but you can try."

I heard an exasperated sigh across the line; a conversation, to say the least. "Fine. What do you want to know?" I laughed at this comment. "What I want to know? What I want to know? I want to know everything!" I snarled, focusing on the road. "I guess you could say we grew to be obsessed and infatuated by your presence, and I guess we just wanted you to ourselves. Pretty selfish of us, huh?" "I think obsessive is just an understatement. I mean- What were, or are you planning on doing to Yuon when you find him!?"

Silence fell flat off the line. He was quiet for a moment, and my patience was wavering. "Answer me, Yoongi." I growled, and suddenly, his own patience snapped, "We were gonna make sure he never meets, sees, nor touches you! If he were to even speak your name into existence, we would make sure he never says another!" Fear was clear on my face as my blood ran cold.

"T-that's sick! You would risk everything- Your popularity, your fans, everyone who adored you- Just so I couldn't see my childhood friend EVER again!? I know that's stupid, even for you, Yoongi!" I rambled, checking my map, once again.

I was close, I was close to Yuon. 

I stopped the car, overthinking this situation. I-I should leave my phone and car here, so they couldn't track me down any further than this. "Bye Yoongi." I whispered, hanging up the phone on him, before venturing forth, running away from the car. I sprinted as fast as my legs could carry me, before I arrived at a small house, run down, and filthy. Even worse was that it was in the middle of nowhere.

The perfect spot to hide at.

I walked up to the house, my heart racing even faster than I ever thought possible. I scoped out the entire are, making sure that it was safe to enter. Cautiously, I entered the house, which was surprisingly unlocked.

A creaking sound echoed throughout the house. An eerie feeling rose amongst me, but I held together my tough demeanor, and moved on forward.

"Yuon, are you here!?" I called out, in search for him. My only response was the silence, and the constant creaks from the loose floorboards with every single step I manage to take. "Yuon! Yu-" I couldn't finish my sentence, since I bumped into a figure.

"Oh hell n-" I was about to make my escape until the figure wrapped an arm around my waist, and clasped his mouth over my hand. Quickly, I elbowed the figure in the stomach, causing him to fall over.

"Damn [M/N]... You hit pretty hard that time." A voice coughed out, and when he spoke, tears began to well in  my eyes. "Why are you looking at me like that? You look like you've seen a gh-" I rushed up to him, hugging him tightly in my arms.

"Yuon!"

He laughed, holding me back as he whispered in my ear, "God, I missed you so much, [M/N]." I nodded, feeling his soft lips kiss my forehead gently. The warmth of the kiss traveled throughout my body as it put a small smile on my face. I cupped his face into my hands, examining his face as I panicked, "Oh my goodness, are you okay!? God, what have they done to you!?" He chuckled at my sympathetic state.

"I'm fine, [M/N]. They're threats were only verbal, at least, for now, that is." I sighed out of relief. Seeing him just brings me pure joy, but the thought of the boys brings me to sudden doubt. "I just wish that we could all get along, although that would be kind of hard. I was kind of an asshole to them as well." I murmured, looking away from Yuon, a sad expression across my face.

"Hopefully when they arrive, we can solve this out peacefully. I mean, when they suddenly track us d-" Yuon's sentence couldn't be finished when a shattering sound, from the window, was heard throughout the building.

"What was that!?" I exclaimed, dragging Yuon up into a room, trying my best to go and hide away from them. Yuon attempted to speak, but I immediately silenced him. "Shush, Yuon! We don't know who that is."

"[M/N], where the hell are you? We have a lot to discuss~" I heard a familiar voice call out for me. Shuddering at the sickly sweet tone, I rushed to a well-hidden room. I look around the room, trying to find a spot,  until I noticed a ventilation system.

"Follow me!" I instructed him with a hushed tone. Together, we snuck into the vent, and put the cover over the hole. "[M/N], c'mon, we just want to chat!" Namjoon shouted, with a slight pleading tone.

"Look [M/N], an exit! We can escape from here!" Yuon gasped, pulling me in one direction, but at the same time, I thought that I should hear them out, just this once.

What will you do?

Listen to the Bangtan boys?

OR

Escape with Yuon?

Vote in the comment section to see how this story ends! Thank you all so much for reading, and I'm sorry for the delay!

Have a spooky, but happy Halloween!
♡♡♡