Chapter Seven.

Time ticked by so slowly it was painful.

Harry had taken to lying with Louis, cuddling up in the hospital bed. He nuzzled his nose into the crook of Louis' neck. He was so warm...

The Holmes Chapel boy gazed at his lover.

Long eyelashes fluttered.

Harry's eyes widened.

"Lou? Louis, can you hear me?" He asked frantically. "Louis?"

The crystal blue eyes blinked open.

Harry grinned widely.

"I'm so glad you're okay..." he breathed, hugging the older boy.

Louis' body tensed.

Harry pulled away, confused. Why would Louis suddenly feel uncomfortable? They always cuddled... and he kind of figured Louis didn't hate him...

The Doncaster boy's eyebrows furrowed. He looked immensely perplexed as he glanced at his surroundings.

"Where am I?"

"In the hospital," Harry replied. So he didn't remember what happened..? "You got...uh...hurt."

Louis nodded slowly, as though struggling to comprehend this information. He hesitated before speaking again.

"And who are you?"

Harry was speechless for a long moment. What? He finally pulled himself together. His eyes were welling up with tears.

"Y-you... you don't remember me?"

"No... I've never seen you before in my life... who are you?" Louis repeated.

Harry was breaking on the inside, but he put on a poker face.

"N-no one." He murmured after a moment. The tears spilled over his cheeks as he turned his back to Louis. "I'll just go now."

Harry woke up with a start. Tears were still pouring down his face.

It had been a nightmare. Louis was still lying passive in the bed. Harry had fallen asleep in an uncomfortable hospital chair, resting his head near Louis' face.

The nightmare hurt him a bit, but it was quite depressing to see the usually energetic lad lying still for so long... if only he could just wake up..

"I really hope you remember me when you wake up... you better.." Harry muttered, wiping the tears away.

His stomach rumbled.

That was new. He hadn't felt hungry in so long. Now, he felt as though his stomach was eating itself. He was starving.

The curly haired boy stood up slowly, stretching his back and neck.

"I'll be back soon, love." Harry promised, pressing a loving kiss to Louis' forehead. He turned to the door. He completely missed the smile that subconsciously emerged on Louis' face at the loving gesture.

Harry found Liam, Niall, and Zayn in the hospital cafeteria. Liam was piling a tray with food. Niall and Zayn were sitting at a table, chatting idly. He walked over to where Liam was standing.

"Morning, mate," Liam greeted, ruffling Harry's already messy hair. "You hungry?"

"Yeah, starving." Harry replied, rubbing his eyes. They walked over to the table seating the other boys. Harry plopped down next to Niall.

"The food here is not exactly amazing." the blonde informed Harry.

Harry grunted in reply, shoveling some kind of pasta into his mouth. At the moment, he couldn't care less whether it was good or bad. He was hungry as hell.