Office Randomness

Well, it's been a heck of a long time since I last posted something so I figured I needed to write something, anything, just so you all know that I'm still here, I'm still the office manager at Wattpad and I'm still loving it. 

If you were to ask me what's happened since I was last on here (I'm embarrassed that it's been over a year!), I can easily say that a lot has gone on. Why haven't I written about any of it? I don't know, I guess I get so wrapped up in my day to day duties that when something random or crazy happens in the office, it's almost expected and has become the norm. 

Unfortunately I have a very poor memory so anything that happened at this point last year, I just couldn't tell you. I can tell you however that since the beginning of the year, there's been a number of events that have taken place that have caused some sort of excitement around the office. 

First off, heading to the theater to watch After as a company was an absolute highlight. We filled up almost two theaters, received free popcorn and drinks and whether it was your type of movie or not, everyone (at least in our theater) had fun hooting and hollering at the screen, cheering at the one liners we're oh so familiar with (if you've read the book) and laughing at the cheesy parts. While all of us were at the theater, the 2 main stars of the movie roamed our office, signed posters, ate our snacks and recorded a video message for us so it was quite the exciting afternoon. 

What else has happened since the beginning of the year? Well, we were broken into which was a great way to spend a snowy Sunday evening in March. The Raptors become the 2019 NBA champs and on the day of the parade, our office felt like a ghost town because a lot of people joined the craziness of what was going on downtown. Half the office witnessed a marriage proposal right outside our front door (I felt the need to run over with a bottle of champagne and some glasses). I experienced the creepiness of our 100+ year old basement which was.....just not my cup of tea and I hope to never go down there again and we had a gas leak that was a total false alarm but watching 4 fire trucks pull up to the office and deploy over 12 firefighters to walk around the office was kinda exciting. 

So I know there's been other shenanigans that have taken place in the office but like I said, my memory is poor so this is all I can remember at the moment.  

On that note, happy Friday and let's hope it doesn't take me another year to post something!