Office Randomness

Since I haven't posted in awhile I thought I'd update everyone on life around the office (warning: it hasn't been too interesting).

The Random Smell

So sadly enough a random stink in the office (that lasted the entire day) consumed a lot of my time last week. The smell was in an area of the office between our Trust & Safety team and our People team and no one could figure out what the smell was or where it was actually coming from. Was it someone's old lunch in their filing cabinet? Nope. Was it a dead mouse? Nope. Was it coming from the washroom? Nope. Was the smell coming from the dumpsters outside? Nope. Was it someone's feet or bad lunch? Nope and Nope. It was the hot topic of the day and we were all stumped but thankfully by the next morning most of the smell was gone. Gotta love a good mystery stink =b

The Shoe Prints

Earlier this week I was chatting with a lovely lady on our Community team about the fact that there are always shoeprints on the wall in front of every womans toilet on our 2nd floor (we have 3 stalls all together). She also pointed out that now that it's sandal season, the prints have turned into foot prints.

Now......maybe I'm crazy but I don't get it. Is someone sitting back and getting comfortable with a good book in there not realizing the prints they're leaving behind? Who knows. All I know is I have constantly wiped the walls down and the prints reappear each week.

Hiddleswift

Since this whole Taylor Swift/Tom Hiddleston thing has happened, I can't help but look at this Tom Hiddleston cutout and think of Hiddleswift. This is a sad fact. Sorry Loki.

Oh, why the orange morph suit you ask? Two words

Oh, why the orange morph suit you ask? Two words. Fan Expo.

Fighting the AC

Now that the weather is beautiful outside (it has been for the last month or two), one of my most hated issues in the office has kept me busy.

When you work in an old office you will ALWAYS find that no one is ever comfortable with the temperature. It's either too hot or way too cold. It's nearly impossible to adjust the temp to please everyone so I find myself constantly fighting with the thermostat. I've realized however that I simply can't win. No one will ever be comfortable. Throw in some humidity and I'm screwed. AC 1, Mel 0.

Wattpad's Annual Boat Cruise

It's become that time of year again when we start to plan our annual boat cruise. Every summer (this will be the 5th year in a row?) we hit the water of Lake Ontario and cruise around for a few hours celebrating the magic of Wattpad while consuming a drink or two....or five.
I'm excited to say that this year will be a little different (we've chosen a completely different boat than last year) so keep your eye out for a few Wattpad party pictures after Aug. 11th.

----

So there you have it. Whether people are bringing in delicious snacks they've brought back from vacation, someone's new bike is the talk of the office, we're hosting a crap load of Wattpad Stars in the office, I'm climbing the roof to cover a skylight in our kitchen for a Creative presentation or as of this afternoon, I'm helping our People team take care of two abandoned baby pigeons, life around the office is always interesting....in some random way or another.