Stranger Danger - The Story Comes To An End

So over the last couple of weeks I've had a lot of people ask me for more information about the random guy who drank in our kitchen all night long and how he ended up here.

I've also been asked whether anything else has happened since the guy came back to the office looking for his phone and glasses and whether I was able to track him down.

I'm happy to say that as of this past Tuesday afternoon, the story of the strange random man has come to an end and I figured an update for you all would be appropriate.

I'll start off by saying that last week I ended up going through the guys phone (which was unlocked - who doesn't have a password on their phone???) and I couldn't find anything useful at first. He had a Verizon phone with no SIM card, only a few text messages and contacts that were in Russian and no activate email account. I did happen to find an email address that was stored in his settings so I figured this must be the guy and sent him an email. The email said this:

Hey there,

This is Melanie from Wattpad who you met yesterday when you came looking for your phone and glasses.....after you spent the night in our office drinking Gin last week. Remember that whole crazy incident? Well you'll be happy to know that I actually found your phone this morning after moving around a few more of our beanbag chairs you must have been lounging on that night. You didn't have your phone locked so after going through it trying to find you, I'm hoping I found the right email address. Your phone is currently locked up in storage so if you get this message and want to pick it up (sometime between 8:30am and 4pm between Monday to Friday - no more popping into the office randomly at 11:30pm on a Tuesday okay?), let me know and I'll have it ready for you.

Within an hour of sending this email I happened to noticed in my Sent folder that the gmail address all of a sudden showed a profile picture of a women...which took me to a women's gmail profile.......meaning the email address attached to the phone belonged to someone else.

I then emailed this person again and added:

Hmm, I just noticed your gmail profile picture and you're not the guy I thought I was emailing.
Do you recognize this person? He left his phone in our office last week. (I included two of the security photos in the body of the email).
PS - sorry for this random/weird email, the reason we have this person's phone is a long story so I'm just trying to find him so he gets his phone back.

A few days later I heard back from the women who simply said: "Hi Melanie, Thank you, I know the guy. I've forwarded him your email".

So who walks through our reception door this past Tuesday morning? Yup, random guy...wearing the same grey glasses, beige coat and grey scarf looking for his phone.

I had to laugh because as it turns out, the women I had emailed was his sister (who had given him her old phone) so the guy apparently had a lot of explaining to do when she asked him about the security photos I had emailed to her and why the hell he was in a random office drinking.

So anyways, I handed the guy his phone and we both pretty much told each other (in a very joking way) that hopefully we don't ever see each other again....and with that he was gone and my story came to an end.

So what did I learn from all this? Let's just say a lot. Oh, and why did the guy end up choosing our space to drink? He was next door at Power Up Bar drinking with friends on his birthday and after all his friends had left, he was drunk enough that he walked out the front door, turned to his right, saw our door, said it looked interesting and walked right in.

The End