Passing The Torch For A Year

Back on Oct. 20th I broke the news to the office that I was pregnant. At the time I was just over 3 months which meant I wasn't showing yet and I still felt pretty good. I was technically supposed to slow down and was told to let other people in the office help me but ya, I couldn't help it, I was stubborn.

Did I continue to lug around cases of beer? I sure did, right up until the end (when no one was looking anyways). Did I continue to drag around large boxes of snacks and office supplies? Yes, yes I did and people would constantly tell me to drop what I was holding. Did I continue to crawl under desks to work on wiring? Yup. Did I stop climbing ladders to fix lights and ceiling vents? Nope and I definitely scared the crap out of a few people (I guess seeing a pregnant lady on a ladder is concerning).

Thankfully three weeks before my last day at work (which was March 24th), I was told my replacement for the year was found and I met Katie a few days later.

During our three weeks together, I taught Katie as much as I could and I have the say, she was fantastic. There was a LOT of information thrown at her but she took it all in like a champ so when it was time to clean my desk, say my goodbyes and pass on the office management torch for my year maternity, I knew I was leaving the office in good hands.

So fast forward to today as I sit here watching bad daytime television. 

 I had my baby back on April 1st and the majority of my days are spent feeding my little guy, changing diapers  and entertaining him (I've never sung so much in my entire life) however when I have some down time, I find myself thinking about the office.

I mean, with all the rain we've gotten, how's the 100+ year old roof holding up? When the dog park across the street FINALLY finished and opened, how excited was everyone? Whose new songs were the girls more excited for, Harry, Niall, Zayn? When Katie messaged me about the broken mirror in the women's washroom, how the heck did it break? Who could have done it? 

What can I say, Wattpad is my second home so it's only natural to want to keep up with all the news and how everyone is doing (yes, I totally creep the Slack channels on a daily basis, I can't help it).