Tis The Season

Well, winter is officially upon us (I'm LOVING the minus 11°C weather this morning) which always creates a few changes around the Wattpad office.

1) Our winter floor mats arrived which to me (sadly) is always the first indication that it's no longer Fall but with all the snow and slush we had out on the streets the other day, the mats come in handy.

2) For all those who sit next to a window and think they have the best desk spot, the moment winter hits they realize how drafty and chilly it can be. At this point I flip the breakers so our electrical floor heaters can be used for extra warmth....which sadly sends our electrical bill through the roof. Old buildings are the best!

3) Mouse sightings usually happen around this time but so far they've haven't made an appearance. Fingers crossed they stay hidden....or stay downstairs in the restaurants! Actually I take that back, no one wants that.

I was going to say that cockroaches tend to also make an appearance right about now but we've been lucky with absolutely so sightings......until about 20 mins ago when a tiny little cockroach literally appeared in front of me on my desk...inches from my hand. What a way to start a Thursday!

4) Wattpad's annual holiday party is tonight!!!!! Seeing how this girl is preggers, it'll be a tame party for me but hey, at least I'll feel like a million bucks the next day!

I hope Todd wears his Christmas suit again because it made the party last year.....Aron's suspenders were pretty solid as well.

5) Yesterday was our 3rd annual cookie exchange which is always a clear sign it's winter

5) Yesterday was our 3rd annual cookie exchange which is always a clear sign it's winter. Exchanging cookies/baked sweets is the absolute best, especially when after the exchange, dozens of cookies are donated to a local women and children's shelter. A big shout out to Caitlin who organizes this every year.

6) Last but not least I have to mention the hot chocolate! You gotta love when there's hot chocolate in the kitchen as coffee + a spoon full of hot chocolate power = what dreams are made of.