Heat, The Cut Out & The Mystery CD

You gotta love Thursdays right? You're one sleep away from Friday so life is pretty good but yesterday...it was a bit of a roller coaster.

First, I LOVE being back at work but I HATE (truly hate) AC units that decide to break at the worst  possible time. 

To all those who were sitting in the office yesterday with the thermostat hitting 28ºC, I am truly sorry. To all those who were sitting in the office with the thermostat reading 73ºC and it felt like the Arctic, I am also truly sorry. AC units - 1, Mel - 0. 

Second, my very first chapter way back when was about Wattpad's Harry Styles cardboard cut out (which has mysteriously disappeared by the way) and now, once again, I was legit taken back yesterday morning when I came up the stairs and saw this guy from the corner of my eye.

Not sure who this cut out is (someone from the show Super Natural I think?) but I'm going to have to adjust him a bit so he's not as creepy. The picture doesn't do the cut out justice because it's definitely more shocking seeing this guy when you're not expecting it.......at least to me when it's 8am. 

Last but not least, the most interesting part of my day yesterday started when two wonderful Wattpaders  brought a random CD to my attention. They had found it at the bottom of the stairs near our front door, under our security camera. 

Did someone drop it by mistake? Was it left on purpose? I was obviously extremely interested in seeing what was on the CD but then I started to ask myself that if I pop this into a CD drive, is it going to be a virus and spread through my laptop? Is the content going to be super weird and creepy or maybe it's just someones resume and they simply wanted to leave it for our People team?

I took my chance and decided to play the CD.....on an extra laptop just incase.

Low and behold, it was a 28 minute video of some random man talking about the 10 commandments, God and approaching strangers on the street and asking them questions about religion. 

I tried skipping ahead but it wouldn't let me and then all of a sudden the video started flashing and doing weird stuff so I immediately ejected the CD, turned off the laptop, unplugged the CD writer and tossed the CD in the garbage because to be honest with you, I found it all a little strange. 

So there you have it, a random Thursday at the Wattpad office. 

Happy Friday!!!