Chapter 49 - Alyssa again.

When I get home I'm breathless and dreamy-feeling. My head feels so dizzy as I walk through the door. My clothes are still slightly wet from the lake, but my hair is dry. Will told me to go round the back way but I think that would just anger my dad even more.

"Where have you been, Alyssa?" is the first question when I step into the hall. He stares me up and down, his eyes fiery and if looks could kill, then I'd be on the floor.

"I'm sorry. I should have told you - I was out with Zara and Reina." I nod, and try to not look guilty.

He only stares, and I begin to walk up to the second floor. Until he exclaims, "Hey! Do not walk away like that! I want to know what you've been doing!"

"I'm sixteen, dad!" I scream suddenly, whirling round to face him. My heart's thumping wildly. I hear Phillip come trotting down the stairs behind me and I move to the side to let him pass. I see the wildly surprised look on his little face. I look back at dad, and say in a quieter voice, "I am sixteen years old and you treat me like I'm six! Why am I not allowed to have a life?"

He coughs, and then sits down, looking shocked. "I'm only worried about you. Next time please, tell me where you're going."

I glare at him, and then turn round to storm up the stairs. When I get to my room I shut the door with a slam for good measure.

It takes a long time for me to calm down. I take a long, hot bath, and, leaving my hair to dry, I start to pack my bag for tomorrow. I put in a bathing suit, towel, sunglasses, and my purse. Then I have to lie down because I'm so exhausted.

What happened to me today?

Today was crazy. The sparks between Will and I are so obvious, I feel like I need to be with him. All the time. Am I falling in love with him? Gosh, the way he touches me. It sends me over the edge. I can't even think straight when he's touching my skin, and I wonder if I have the same effect on him.

All this thinking is making me even more worn out. I decide to switch off the light, and lie down underneath the covers.

Soon I don't remember anything else.

---

I woke up the next morning and I realise it's freezing. I forgot to close the window last night. I check the clock to see it is half six, and I jump out of bed. I change into some denim shorts and a tank top and hoodie, then sit on my bed with my bag and phone and wait.

For Will. He said he will be here in fifteen minutes.

I'm so excited for today. Anything could happen, and this is the last day I get to spend with Will. But something weighs me down - the fact that I have to tell him whether I love him or not today. He's desperate to know, it seems. Do I or not? And also, tomorrow he'll be gone. How can I love someone who's leaving me? How will I keep up with him?

I won't see him again.

I am shaken out of my thoughts when there is a soft knocking on my balcony door. I can't help but replace my frown with a smile as I leap up and open the door. I stare at him standing there for a few seconds. Looking a little like he's just woken up, Will's hair is sticking up slightly and his eyes are shining as they look down at me.

I don't hesitate to lean up and kiss him deeply. I really do want to keep him. I wish I could hide him from the world and keep him as mine. He's so perfect. Am I falling in love with him?

I feel his arms wrap around me, and I place my head on his chest, hugging him tight. "Good morning."

"Morning, beautiful." He kisses the top of my head and then I grab his hand. "Shall we go?"