Chapter 20 - Alyssa here.

Thanks to all who have been following this story right from the start! :) I finally got 100 fans, so thank you SO much! Sorry it's been a long wait for new chapters on this story but more will be updated soon, I promise :)

Happy reading, and don't forget to comment and vote! And fan! :)

_____________

Alyssa here.

I feel awful. About Will. Then again, I feel angry. I thought he had told Niall! About us! And then I feel so confused and angry with Niall. What was he on about? He was talking as if he and I had been hanging out as more than friends and he was being protective of me! I just hung out with him, and Katy, watching movies! The idiot.

Myra is totally ignoring me and Zara. Avril bullies me and Zara. I think everyone is against us.

“Hey, look, it’s her . . .”

“Isn’t she the one who Will Palmer was kissing?”

“You can see why. She’s gorgeous!”

“It’s so unfair. She’s a geek!”

Whispers and hissing and scowls and smirks follow me around school and wait for me in every corner. I’ve gone from nobody knowing who I am to everybody talking about me. You’d think they’d have something else to talk about.

Zara is totally on my side. She glares at anyone who dares to look at me and fires back comments at them. Thank God I have her. I really can’t do the whole malicious challenging thing.

Avril and her pack say they haven’t seen Will anywhere. I know he’s avoiding them and really I can’t blame him, but they’re getting restless. They continuously ask me where he is and how I know him, and what I’ve done with him.

I see Will everyday after school and we go for a walk, or sit in the little pond area. I’ve been to his house a couple of times, but my parents are suspicious, and his parents . . . well, they’re a whole different story.

They are lovely, but every minute his mother is coming into the room, smiling, offering me a drink or asking if everything is OK. Will says he hasn’t told them anything about me except my name, where I live and that we go to the same school, but I think she and his dad have some idea of what is going on between us.

One day after school I am at Will’s house and we’re sat in his living room watching a film. I’m resting my head on his chest, curled up on his lap and he has his arms enclosed around me.

“I spoke to Avril today,” he says suddenly.

A wave of nervousness goes through me and I look up at him. “What happened?” I whisper.

He looks down at me, and strokes my cheek. “Well, I was walking to the bus stop and she appeared out of nowhere, on her own. She was saying all things like warning me about you and that you’re using me to get popular and stuff. Then she was like, what do you see in her, and everything. I told her to stay away from you and shut up, and not come near me either. God, I hate her.”

I snuggle up against his chest, and he kisses the top of my head.
“I want to hear everything that she does to you,” he growls. “I’ll sort her out.”

I nod, and he rubs my back gently.

I jump when I hear the door creak slightly. My first instinct is to move quickly, even though I know we’ve already been seen, but Will tightens his hold on me. I look towards the door, and see his sister, Leila. I’ve seen her a few times, but I don’t know if she likes me. She smiles at me all the time in this almost mocking way, and I’ve never seen her be nice to Will.