Chapter 28 - Alyssa.

Alyssa.

I sneak out of the back of the house into the garden. I don't know how to describe it, but there's that feeling around in the evenings of summer that you just wait all year for. It's all relaxed and beautiful, starting to go dark. The bird song is high in the trees, a very slight breeze playing with my hair.

I check over my shoulder that no one is looking at me from the house, and then go round the corner behind the garage and slide through the gap in the fence, to the pond area, where Will told me he would be.

He's laying on the long grass next to the pond, staring up at the sky. I look up at the sky and notice that the moon is out already, even though the sky is only semi-dark, with a tinge of orange over the baby blue and the tiny wisps of clouds.

I grin and walk over to him, then crouch down behind his head, and exclaim, "Boo!"

His shoulders jerk and he sits up, then looks behind him, eyes wide. He grins and puts his face close to mine, then whispers, "That was sly."

I fall back, laughing, and he chuckles lightly, gathering me up in his arms. I rest my head against his shoulder and stare up at his face. He gazes down at me, his eyes soft and beautiful and so adorable.

"Stay out here until it's dark with me," he murmurs, and close my eyes, nodding. I feel him kiss each of my eyelids in turn, then he cradles me close to him, laying his head against mine.

"I love you," he breathes, and strokes my cheek. "I don't say that enough."

"At least you say it more than I do," I tell him, opening my eyes and looking into his, listening to his soft breathing. "I love you too."

He grins and then tickles my sides gently. Laughter escapes from my mouth, and I squirm, trying to grab his wrists and push his hands away. We're soon rolling around, both laughing madly, his fingers tangled in my hair, my hands against his chest.

We lie beside the pond, panting heavily and grinning, his arm curled around my waist, and I stare at the water reflecting the sun, my mind rolling through all the events of the day. I know Zara will be talking about today with Tai for the rest of her life. And she'll want to know about my time spent with Will as well. I smirk, thinking how overactive she is. Of course, I love her.

Today had such a summery feeling to it. And now does too. It smells like summer, it feels like summer. I love the feeling of knowing that when I wake up tomorrow I'll be warm. And the birds won't stop singing. And there won't be any cold draughts, and I can play as much country Taylor Swift music as I want without wishing it was summer.

"What are you thinking about?" Will murmurs, his face close to mine. I realise I must have a strange, dreamy expression on my face, and I feel my cheeks burn.

I smile sheepishly. "I'm thinking about this summer."

He grins, tangling his leg round mine, and nuzzles my neck. "It'll be the best summer ever. I promise," he whispers, his soft lips tickling my skin.

I shiver, smiling blissfully, inhaling his addictive scent.