Chapter 16 - It's Alyssa.

Please comment, and vote if you like it, so I know what people like! :) Happy reading!

_____________________________________________________________________________

It’s Alyssa.

Today was . . . beautiful. Who knew a bad boy could be so romantic?

Who even knew I could be romantic?

I mean, we were feeding each other strawberries, and kissing every second. I thought I’d seen it all last night, but, boy was I wrong.

I really really like Will. I never would have thought this would happen. When I saw him again after all that time, I liked him. I didn’t know what to think. I thought it was wrong, and mindless, because he was so cool and confident and beautiful and I was just a geek. Then he kissed me that day. And I kissed him back. Then . . . it just happened. Everything fell into place. It’s like . . . I’ve been waiting for something and I didn’t know what it was until he kissed me and I had to spend some time away from him. I couldn’t do it. And now . . . I don’t know what the hell I’m going to do if anyone finds out but I hope Will stays by my side.

And when we got home, he said, “How was that for a first date?”

And I replied, overwhelmed, “Was that a date?”

And he just grinned and said, “Of course. What else would it have been?”

Now it’s late and I’m lay on my bed under the covers and I’m so awake, more awake than I’ve ever been. I can’t stop thinking about Will. I can’t sleep, because finally, reality is better than my dreams. Oh my God. I never thought that would happen. I roll over, staring into the dark, smiling, and close my eyes, to try to get some sleep.

“So,” Zara whispers as we sit down. “Any updates?”
We’re in the library at lunchtime. Myra has gone to netball club because two cocky girls called Jo and Leanne invited her to tag along with them.

I don’t know what to tell Zara.

<i>Yes, I went into his garden on Saturday and spoke to him, and then we kissed and we’ve been hanging out</i>.

Or, <i>No, no updates.</i>

I bite my lip.

“Alyssa?” she laughs.

“I . . .” I pause. “We’ve been hanging out. I . . . Um, accepted him?”

She raises her eyebrows. “Oh, really? What have you both been doing?”
“Um . . .” I run my fingers through my hair. “We went on a picnic.”

Her eyes grow wide. “Wow. Just, as friends, or . . ?”
“I don’t know what we are,” I mutter. “We’ve kissed quite a lot and he keeps . . . giving me compliments . . . and . . .”
“This is so cute!” Zara squeals. “You guys would make a perfect couple.”
I bite my lip and shrug. “I like Will. A lot.”
She smiles. “It looks like it. Just don’t get pushed to far.”
“I won’t,” I say.

She nods. “I know. Just . . . always remember.”
I nod and smile, and then she squeals and starts acting all jumpy. “I’m so excited for you!”
Myra doesn’t know and I want to keep it that way. I don’t want anyone to know. Zara is such a great person at keeping secrets, and I’ve kept hers. I just don’t want Myra to be lecturing me and pitying me about being a hopeless romantic. And she HATES Will.

Zara is different than Myra. While Myra wants to be cool and blend in, Zara wants to stand out in a good way. She’s really smart at maths and science yet really creative, and because we’re on the same brain-level while Myra is just managing to scrape a pass, Myra says our conversations are geeky and just bizarre. The only thing about Zara is that if someone twists her mind, she’ll give them a chance and follow. That’s what Myra was doing to her, but now Zara has come back to me.