Chapter 34 - Alyssa now.

I stare at the girl in the mirror before me as my butterflies flutter in my stomach in the most unnerving way possible. I smile nervously, as I take in the image.

I loved the dress when I tried it onion the shop before, but now it looks even better. It hugs my body in the right places, outlining my chest and hips in the right way. The skirt has diamonds encrusted into the material and the py shine from the light of my bedroom. The light blue satin just sort of glows in an angelic manner. I look down ay my legs. Even though I'm notass tall as most the girls my age, my legs are slender and golden. Anyway, the shoes i bought with the dress have given me some height. My mum has given me a diamond necklace to wear along with diamond stud earrings, and she has applied light blue sparkly eyeshadow and I've got lipgloss, eyeliner, mascara and blusher on. I remind myself of something from a fairy tale movie, and I didn't expect myself to look this good. My hair is just the same, curly and effortless and golden.

I take in a deep breath, then grab my purse and open the door to go downstairs. My brother, mum and dad are all in the kitchen.

"Alyssa! You look like a fairy!" Phillip exclaims wildly when I step inside, and I laugh at him.

My mum stands up with tears in her eyes, her hand over her mouth. "Oh, sweetheart, you're a beauty queen! You look stunning!" she then hugs me tight, and I smile.

"Thanks, mum."

"Beautiful, Alyssa." My dad smiles at me warmly, for the first time in the past few days. I think he's been on edge about Will.

I grin and go to hug him tight. "Thanks, dad," I whisper.

Suddenly I hear the door ring and I jump, taken my surprise. I wasn't thinking that they'd come this early.

"Be careful," my dad tells me, back to his stern self, but he's still smiling. "Especially around all those boys, you know?"

"Dad!" I laugh.

"And be home on time. If you're not, then . . . Well we will see." he nods at me.

I nod once.

"Have fun!" my mum sings, and strokes my hair. "You'll call us if anything happens, okay?"

"I'll be fine, mum."

"Good, darling."

Phillip starts to zoom around the kitchen. "Have a good time!"

"Will do, Bumper," I joke to him.

I smile and wave one last time at them all, before going out to the hall, and opening up the front door. Standing before me is Reina and Zara, looking like two princesses. Their make up is perfect but not over the top, their cheeks dusted with glitter, Zara's hair curled and Reina's in an elegant plaited bun twisted at the back of her head.

"Hollah, girlfriend!" Reina yells in an American accent, and flings her arms around me. I laugh and Zara also hugs me.

"Hey!" She grins.

"You two look so pretty," I tell them, closing the door. " No - even more than that. Just gorgeous."

"Aww, thanks, Hun." Reina giggles as we start to walk towards the limousine. It's white and gleaming under the street lamps. One of the doors is open and I can see a chauffeur dressed in a suit and cap holding it open. Fun's We Are Young is blasting out from inside it.

"You look like a princess though, Alyssa." Zara nudges me as Reina starts to climb in.

"Yeah, you look amazing," she throws over her shoulder.

I wait until Zara has climbed into the limousine until I thank the chauffeur and step inside. My stomach flips as I see the clean, posh interior with leather seats and glasses against the side containing a pink liquid. The lights are fairly dim but I can see everyone clearly.

Closest to me is Zara, then Reina who has snuggled close to a guy I realise I haven't seen before in a grey tuxedo with a waistcoat and blue bow tie. He has dark brown hair and shocking blue eyes, and I remember her telling me she was asked by a guy called Evan to go. This must be him. Beside him is the one and only Tai, with a black tuxedo and red bow tie, adjacent to Cherice. I notice her staring at me but not with the usual glare or sneer. She looks flawless as usual, with her sleek waist length blonde hair and a hot pink dress that looks extremely short and low. As the seats curve round, Jordon is next with a white tuxedo and black straight tie, and he's just ignoring me as he talks to Tai. After him is the blond, hyper guy - Lewis. I notice that Salina Yves is sat beside him. I didn't think she talked to the boys much. She has long, straight purple hair and olive skin, with dark eyes. She doesn't speak much and is quite mysterious, but absolutely beautiful, in a cute red flowing knee length dress. I'm surprised to see she's talking to Jonas animatedly. Sat beside him is one of Salina's friends, Jemima. She has shoulder length wavy blonde hair and she's in a stunning strapless midnight blue, long sparkling dress.

And after her, dressed smoothly in a classic black tuxedo, white shirt and black straight tie is Will. He's staring right at me, with a slow smile on his lips. My stomach suddenly swarms with butterflies and my cheeks burn as I smile nervously at him, taking in his combed looking chocolate brown hair. He doesn't hesitate to crawl over to my end, and pull me onto his knee. I sigh happily at the familiar feeling and rest my head in the crook of his neck.

"You look absolutely beautiful," he murmurs in my ear, and Look down to the ground as I feel a smile form on my face.

"Thanks," I whisper, and then pat his chest, looking at his face. I grin. "You look very handsome in this. And you've combed you hair for the occasion?"

"Yeah, thought I'd give it a try for a change, you know." he smiles and then presses his lips against mine for a swift kiss. It's gone before I can register it.

"Hey, Alyssa!" I hear Tai's excited voice and everyone turns to stare at me.

I grin at him. "Hi, Tai."

"Lookin' hot tonight!" I spot Lewis staring at me, and then he looks up at Will's face and says with a somewhat sheepish expression, "I am a guy. I may be taken but I am a guy."

"Shut up, Lewis," Will and Salina both say warningly at the same time, as I blush deeply.

Everyone else just laughs, except for Jordon and Cherice who are currently glued together by their faces. I roll my eyes and look away, just as Reina and Zara begin to sing along loudly to What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction.

"Change the track," Evan orders loudly, as the other guys groan.

I just laugh and look at Will who's smiling down at me. "You excited?" he murmurs, and nudges my nose with his.

I chuckle and stroke his hair, nodding. "Of course I am."

We quickly pull away as Jonas yells, "Looks like things are getting romantic over there!"

"And X rated over here," Zara adds nastily, jerking her thumb towards Jordon and Cherice. "Get a room."

They ignore her. But I don't care that they're here. I don't even care that Justin Bieber is now playing on the stereo, or that it's a little chilly outside. I know I'm going to have a brilliant prom.

---

Thanks for reading!

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

Question from the author: Who is your favourite character?