Chapter 33 - Will.

Mum says I look like a zombie when I get back home. I walk up the stairs in a daze, to my room, replaying this evening with Alyssa.

I saw her in no more than her underwear. Oh, Lord. How can a girl be so fine? I really wasn't expecting her to want to do that - and that just made it even more exciting. Damn, Alyssa gives me the best surprises. She looked so wild but absolutely stunning. Absolutely beautiful. I feel so damn dizzy just thinking about her, in that state. Her golden curls everywhere, her stomach and legs bare. The scent of her skin and shampoo. She makes me so wild. I feel like . . . I feel like nothing, compared to Alyssa.

As I think ahead, to the look on her dad's face when we got back, I feel physically sick. I honestly think that's it - after this, we'll have to talk in private. See each other in private. I hope Alyssa doesn't text me saying something like she's grounded, or she can't go to prom, or she can't hang out with me anymore. Thank God her family doesn't know who is her date for the prom.

-

"Will! Will, my man!" Lewis stumbles towards me in the changing room after football practice on Friday, and I stare at him.

"Uh, you okay?"

"Yeah! Just telling you to make sure you and your girl are ready for half seven, a'ight?" he reminds me, patting my shoulder. "And guess what? I found a date!"

I feel my face break into an amused grin. "Yeah?"

"Yeah! She's called Salina-"

"Doesn't know what she's getting herself into," I hear Tai's voice behind me. Lewis and I grin.

"Yeah . . . Turns out Evan is going with Reina." Lewis looks over at Evan with envy.

I stifle a laugh. "Ah, right. Well, you'll still be able to see her. And talk, and stuff. Listen, I'll see you later, I gotta run."

"Right, later."

I walk out of the sports block carrying my school bag on one shoulder and my PE bag on the other, as the hot sun beats down. It doesn't feel like it's prom tonight. Then again, I don't know how it should feel.

I groan as I spot Avril with her girlfriends by the fence at the end of the path. I thought they would have gone by now - it's an hour after school and most of the girls have left, an anyone else who doesn't do a club or team after school. But they must be waiting for someone.

"Will!" Talia calls out, waving at me. I notice Cherice isn't there, but then remind myself she's probably off making out with Jordon in a dark corner of the school grounds - he wasn't at practice.

I nod at them and then keep walking ahead. Too bad Avril grabs my arm.

"So, you're really in love with Alyssa then?" she sneers, and the others laugh. Her tone is mocking. "Do you love her more than anything?"

"Fuck off, Avril," I mutter, detaching myself from her. "Look, just face the fact that I'm not attracted to you. Or any of the other school sluts."

Avril, Talia and the others look like they've just been slapped. Good. I let a small smirk through onto my face and begin to walk away.

"You're just too nice!" Aril calls after me. She's then beside me, but this time she's alone. The others have stayed back. "If you were any different you would have broken Alyssa's stupid heart by now and just taken me! I'm more mature than Alyssa . . . I can really make you happy."

"More mature than Alyssa?" I let out a cold laugh. "I don't think so. You get upset at nearly everything. And I'd never be happy with you. I'm happy with Alyssa, happier than ever. Stay back, Avril."

I hate the way she's practically flinging herself at me, begging for me. It disgusts me.

The only ways get rid of her in the end is by ignoring her. She follows me all the way up to the bus stop but by the end I haven't said a word, and she finally leaves me alone.

Bitch.

I get home half an hour later, and shower, then change. For once I actually comb my hair but it doesn't do much difference. Just makes it look flatter a few centimetres. I change into the tuxedo, with the black straight tie and then come down the stairs to my parents and sister.

"Aww, Will!" my mum leaps up and pulls me into a tight hug, crushing me almost. My dad laughs and I just hug her back. "You look - so handsome! Oh, my Will!"

"Mum," I say warningly, as I can see she's on the verge of tears. We both laugh and I wrap my arms around her tighter before letting go finally.

"Very smart," my dad comments wisely, and I nod, grinning.

"Not bad, Willy," Leila punches my arm lightly and then smooths out the front of the jacket, patting my chest. "You look okay for once." she jokes.

I glare at her jokingly. "Yeah, thanks, sis..."

"So do you know how to waltz, Will?" my dad teases, and I give him a look.

"Oh, you'll be fine. Alyssa won't be able to keep her hands to herself." Mum looks at me and giggles, patting my cheek as I smirk and roll my eyes.

I sit down on the sofa to wait for Lewis's white limousine to appear. I'm trying to control my facial expressions to just a laid back smile.

But inside, my stomach is twisting as I think of Alyssa.