Chapter 19: Sticks & Stones

"Don't treat me like no angel, You know that I can be a lot to handle, When I'm high off of you..., High off of you, High off of you, High off of you, Oh you do me like I'm your drug, You're like poison on the tip of my tongue, And I'm High off of you, High off of you, High off of you, High off of you...."
___________________________________________________________________

Amour

I watched as Fatim's mouth drop open after those words. I never thought Fatim would be bold enough to do that. If anything Giselle would find out sooner or later, if they thought that they could keep it from her. I ran over to Giselle and attempt to grab her arm when she push my hand away.
Knowing Giselle when she's angry she don't care where she is, she will make a scene. I didn't want any cops to show up because of Giselle. But especially that blue-eye cop, who grilled me at the police station.

I can see the look of hatred in Giselle's eyes while she looked at Fatim. Carter had no expression on his face once again. I wonder how he can just stand there and not have any type of expression or a sign to show what he was feeling at the moment. When it comes down to Carter, I know Giselle would fight for him. I always wondered for how long though.

It was kind of the same thing with me and Harlem. Sometimes you wondered how long that person would fight for you. It seems like Harlem doesn't want nothing to do with me after what he heard from the police station. But I didn't want to go on assumptions. After seeing him today at my school, it kind of made me realize how much I am thankful of him.

I never thought I could meet something like him and love him the way that I do. I felt like a hypocrite for being upset with my mom for all those lies she told and secrets she have kept from me when I have some myself. I haven't been completely honest with certain people. I honestly thought that I could separate the two problems so they won't become one problem and one big drama.

Now looking at the way things are, I can see some drama brewing up. The tension was something serious. Giselle shouldn't be stressing right now, if anything she was suppose to be at home on bedrest. I calmly took deep breathes, in hopes that nothing would result in physical damage. I knew for a fact that Fatim wasn't that much of a fighter but Giselle on the other hand was one.

"Yo! What's goin' on ova here?" A deep husky voice said.

I turned around to see Harlem walking over to me with a smirk as my heartbeat increased.

"I need ta' talk to you." He said, grabbing my elbow and leading me towards his car.

"Get in!" He demanded.

"You don't tell me what to do!" I snapped, not knowing where this sudden attitude came from.

He raised an eyebrow. It was quiet for a couple or minutes before I walked away from him. I didn't have time to talk to him because I didn't know what to say or explain to him. He deserves the truth and right now I just can't give it to him. Everything was just happening all at once, it seemed like I couldn't handle it but I was going to make the best of it.

Hopefully with Giselle and Carter probably watching me, they can take this time to handle what they have to do. I can see it in Giselle's eyes how much she loves him. And judging from her past experience with man, I hope she can let this go.

I stopped walking mid-way before turning back around, standing in front of Harlem. I crossed my arms under my B-cups breast and looked him dead in the eye so he knew I was serious. I couldn't come up with what to say so I just spoke what was meant to say.

I took a deep breathe. "I'm sorry...but I honestly don't know what to say to you. Just know I'm trying to figure it all out."

And with that I walked away, I didn't wait for his response. I walked back over there just in time to see Giselle ready to pounce on Fatim's ass.

"Bitch!" Giselle hollered. "You knew that I was with him so then you gonna go against the rule and kiss him!"

Fatim stood there while an angry look creep onto her face. I didn't even know why she was angry in the first place because she was in the wrong for kissing Carter. Something else shocked me when she actually stood up to her.

"I had it with you! Bitch, get over the fact that I kissed him! So what if I did? Don't you think if I wanted him I would have been had him."

I rose my eyebrows as my mouth dropped in shock. I wasn't expecting the last sentence to come out of her mouth.

Giselle faced Carter. "If you are talkin' or fuckin' around wit' other bitches let me kno' now. And ima' make it well know right now that Fatim I don't like ya' ass at all. Carter make your choice. It's either me or her?"

I watched the scene go down.

Carter gave them a straight face. "I chose Fatim."

It was all quiet until Giselle chuckled. When a female is pissed off and starts to laugh that is how you know she's crazy. Giselle began to clap her hands and you know your mad once those hands start clapping.

Giselle

Everyone was quiet as I stood there stunned. I looked Carter dead in the eye to see if there was any sign of him being serious, but Carter you may never know. Out the corner of my eye I saw Fatim shock expression, changing to a smile. That smile made my stomach sick. The more I looked at the both of them, the more it all felt too real.

I chuckled then began to clap my hands. I didn't know what to feel, until all my emotions kicked in, all at once.

"Your gonna chose a down ass female over someone I don't fuck with?" I question, amused.

I found this kind of funny and I began to laugh. Laughing won't hide how I'm feeling at this moment.

"You really don't know what you just said. You ain't shit, Carter! Everything that I did was for us and this is how you repay me? Not only are you a fuckin' bitch but your unloyal!" I snapped.

I gave Carter one last final look before storming off to the car with Amour behind me. I slammed the driver seat door shut once I got in and started the inigition with Amour in the passenger seat. I speed off down the road with my fist keep a tight grip on the wheel.

Thoughts of Carter and Fatim filled my mind along with so much of what people have did to me. I couldn't let it go, it taunted me at night to the point where I would have restless sleep. I pounded my fist into the wheel with my foot on the gas. I was trying so hard to get rid of these thoughts. I tried so hard to forget about the pain.

This wasn't the first time I felt betray. I shook my head, telling myself: "This isn't the end."

"Giselle? Giselle? Giselle?!" I finally heard Amour screamed.

I pulled over to the side of the road and squatted down to relax myself. I heavily breathe in and out, containing my anger. I felt Amour rubbing my back in small circles.

"It's okay to cry." She whispered.

I shook my head, telling her and myself. "No. I don't cry at all."