Chapter 17: $00 Grand

"Boy I'm 'bout my business on business, I drink liquor on liquor, I had women on women, yeah that's bunk bed bitches, I've done lived more than an eighty year old man still kickin', Cause they live for some moments, and, I live for a livin', But this for the girls that barely let me get to first base

On some ground ball shit, Cause now I run my city on some town hall shit

They prayin' on my motherfuckin' downfall bitch like a drought but

You gon' get this rain like it's May weather, G.O.O.D. Music, Ye weather

Champagne just tastes better, they told me I never boy, never say never."

_________________________________________________________________________

Fatim

One week later...

It's been one week and I have not seen Amour at all. Her mom drowns herself in her thoughts but doesn't shut me out. If felt good for each other to talk about what was on our mind. She didn't tell the full story on her past but she does talks about her kids. It warm my heart to know that she still loves her kids.

She said there was a time and place where everything happens but it happened faster than she expected. I don't blame Amour feeling the way she does. I would hate to be lied to about my family, but then again you have to look at both sides of the story.

She took a sip of her coffee. "Do you need a ride for school?"

I shook my head. "No. I can tell that you look tired, why don't you go to sleep."

She gave me a soft smile before placing her mug in the sink. "Thank you for everything. Have a great day at school and good luck on your English test." She called out from behind her.

I smiled as my phone buzzed on the counter. I grabbed my phone and clicked on the text message that I received from Carter.

Carter: I'm outside. Hurry up before I leave ya ass!

I hurry and grabbed my bag off the couch and exit out the door. I knew that he was serious about leaving me if I don't hurry up. As soon as I step out the apartment building, I immedelty spotted his car as I open the passenger door and slid myself into the seats. He waited until I buckle myself up as he sped down the freeway.

After the incident with the kiss and all. I kind of reached out to him because I felt bad. I coy don't stand when people where pissed off at me, especially the ones I liked. No words were spoken the whole entire car ride until we pulled up to the front of the school building.We both stepped out the car as he leaned against the door on the driver side. It kind of confused me as to why he was still here.

Seconds later a blue Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren pulled up and out stepped Harlem.

"Um...what's goin' on?" I questioned.

"Hey Carter!" One girl approached us and wrapped her arms around his neck. "What are you doing later?" Carter moved her arms from around his neck and pushed her away from him. I could hear him suck his teeth.

"Take ya lil' ass to school, mann."

"But-"

"Take ya lil ass to school!"

The girl huff and walked away as I starred at her.

Carter shook his head. "Silly lil hoes."

A Maybach 67, pulled up next to us and this time three girls stepped out. One of the girls had long, red hair with bangs. I could tell that she must be athletic because of how tone her arms were. She had a mocha complexion to match.

Another girl stepped out with Marley Twist and I couldn't lie, she was a beautiful dark, chocolate girl. One thing I noticed on her, was her ass. If anything her butt was somewhat bigger than Nicki Minaj's. I couldn't see her face due to the fact that she was looking down at her phone, but I did notice a nose pericing on her.

The last girl that stepped out the car had a ombré color at the end of her hair and she kind of looked exactly like the girl with the red hair.The chocolate girl with the Marley twist walked up to the driver side of the car as the driver rolled down the window. The man didn't look no older than 40. She kissed his cheek along with the other two girls before he rolled his window back up and sped off. All of the girls starred at the car before it disappear. The red hair girl turned around and her eyes landed on me.

I squinted my eyes and realized that the girl was Amour. Never in a million years would I think Amour would go red and get bangs. And it looks good on her. The chocolate girl walked up to the girl with the ombré hair. So when she turned around I finally got a good look at her and when I did, I could have sworn I was seeing double.

I looked at Carter and Harlem, noticing the surprise expressions on their face. I knew exactly what they was thinking. My mouth dropped at the sight. The red hair girl and the girl with the ombré hair look smack alike. I honestly couldn't tell which was Amour. Nothing was different about the girls besides their hair.

I darted my eyes back and fourth between all three girls. All three of them starred at me before walking off, and entering the building. Stunned was not even the word.

_________

The door opened and the same girl from this morning with the Marley twist walked in. She held a piece of paper in her hands as Mrs. May pointed towards a seat in front of me. She smiled before walking over to the seat. Girls were whispering shit while guys licked their crusty lips and winked at her but she didn't pay them no mind. I starred at her while she grabbed a pen out her Victoria Secret tote bag. You can tell that she was probably a spoiled girl by all the jewelry and designer things she was wearing.

I shook my head and opened up my textbook reading the chapter that was assigned on the board. Another loud slammed echoed through the class but I didn't pay it no mind while I continue to focus on this reading.

"Amour! It's so good to have you back!" Ms. May greeted.

I quickly looked up, just in time to see Amour giving Ms. May a hugged.

"Sorry, I'm late."

Ms. May waved her off and smiled. "It's okay, just go take your regular seat and start on the assignment on the board." She told her.

Amour's regular seat is right next to me. My heart pace quicken up a bit as my eyes met Amour's. She walked over to her seat, sat down, but broke eye contact with me. I shook my head and got back to work.