Chapter Two: Bye Bye Bye

"I know you're in a better place. Even though I can't see your face. I know you're smiling down on me. Saying everything's okay and if I make it out this thug life. I'll see you again someday. I wish, I wish, I wish."
__________________________________________

Fatim

This time I didn't shed a tear. I knew that she was in a better place with no more pain.

I watched as the casket was lower in to the ground. Amour rubbed my hand with her thumb, in comfort. Ms. Maya AJ's mom, stood right next to AJ.

She was like a second mom to me even when my mom wasn't.

After the funeral I saw my grandfather and grandmother walking towards me. They didn't get halfway towards me once I took off running towards them. I ran straight in to their open arms.

"I miss you guys." I spoke barring my head in to my grandfathers chest.

"Are you sure you don't want to come back to Florida with us?" He asked once again.

"No.. I think I'm gonna be fine here." I told her. I was born and raised in Florida but moved down here when I was 12. I was used to everything down here and it was like home.

Grandma kissed my forehead. "I love you pumpkin and your always welcome back."

_________

"AJ!" I whispered as I shook her. "Wake up!"

AJ groaned and turned over on to her other side, snoring with her mouth wide opened and drool dripping from the corner of her mouth. I suppressed the urged to roll my eyes and how she sleeps, sleeping like a true black person.

"AJ your edges are messed up!" I half whispered since Ms. Maya, AJ's mama was asleep in her room next door.

Once those words left my mouth AJ jolted up out her sleep and began to feel on her edges. "Where? "What wrong wit' my edges? Do I need some more edge control?" She asked frantically.

"Nah," I helped her fix her bonnet, which was half way off her head. "I just said that to get you up!"

AJ smacked her lips in annoyance. "Girl, you can't be doin' that! You know I ont' play bout' my edges!"

"I know that's why I did it." I replied smartly in a matter of fact tone.

I smacked my lips, mocking her as she crawled back into her twin size bed and getting under the covers. She looked at me with worry as she scooted over making room for me to get in. I rested my head on her large purple pillow that was large enough in width for the both of us to share.

AJ pushed a strand of my hair out my face and looked at me in the eye. "You miss her?" She asked softly. "Even after everything she has done to you."

The bridge of my eyes started to water. "Yeah..even after everything she has done to me. It feels like I'm all alone with none of my blood family except for my grandparents and they are all the way in Florida."

AJ scooted closer to me and wrap more blankets on my body as she gave me a faint smile. "You still have me, your best-friend forever."

I giggle a bit at her corny sayings. "You ugly for that." I commented.

She rolled her eyes at me and giggled also. We both looked out the window, starring at the moon and sighed. "I have something to tell you." AJ said seriously.

"What is it?" I asked doing a white girl voice because I knew we were about to have our little white girl moment when we tell each other something serious.

AJ chuckled before reaching for her phone on the nightstand beside her bed. She placed her password in and scrolled through her photos until coming upon one and handing the phone to me. "Who dis'?" I questioned looking at the photo of a handsome man who looks no older than nineteen.

The picture was a man laid back against the hood of his car and on his phone with a smirk on his face. He was dressed from head to toe in expensive clothing. He must be or is a drug dealer because half the people in Compton, California was struggling to pay their bills so and some turned to drug dealing.

I wasn't going to assume but I had a feeling he was. The man was handsome with a nice, smooth mocha complexion that complimented his small, almond shaped light brown eyes that held a little speck of hazel. I could see his straight, pearly whites. There was two diamond studs on his ears that was shining and it reflected the sun. One thing that grab my attention the most was his deep dimples in both of his cheeks.

I faced AJ who had a sly smile on her face. Oh hell naw. I gave her a smirk before teasing her.

"AJ and." I pause and looked at her, waiting for her to tell me his name.

"Harlem."

"AJ and Harlem sitting in the tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes marriage then comes a baby in the carriage." My voice was high pitch while I sang.

AJ busted out laughing while palming her mouth trying to muffle her laughing. "Yo! That's not even the correct words!"

The corner of my mouth curved into a smirk. "Why didn't you tell me!" I spoke while whacking her with my left hand since her phone was in my right and I didn't want to damage it.

She gave me a puppy dog look that doesn't work on me. "I'm sorry buttercup." She said referring to the nick name she made up for me since I love resse's cup. "I wanted to make sure that we was serious before introducing him to anybody plus I think mama met him once but she doesn't know we dating." I nodded understand what she was saying.

"Well then I'm happy for you." And I meant it even though I was slightly jealous that she had a boyfriend and I didn't. AJ was a beautiful girl that when we walk down the street she turns head.

AJ had Jamaica in her from her father side of the family. AJ had a coca complexion with nice, slander dark brown eyes. She never really wore her natural hair out but she likes to wear brown weaves with a little blonde in it. Her body was on point with a nice figure and with a small but not big booty on her along with her hips.

Harlem, AJ's boyfriend is lucky to have her although she may be nosey and annoying but the amazing thing about her is her personality. She cares for people and is loyal to you if she riding with you. She doesn't hold back her tongue for nobody just like her mom and is outspoken and with a sweet heart.

She has jumped into a fight when I was getting jumped once. Ima' always have her back just like she has mine. We've been friends since we was nine and always will be as long as drama, lies and betrayal doesn't affect us.