Chapter 9: Cold-Blooded Eyes

"Why am I fighting to live, If I am just living to fight , Why am I trying to see. When there aint nothing in sight

Why am I trying to give, When no one gives me a try , Why am I dying to live, If I am just living to die?"

_______________________________________________________________________

Fatim

One word: fear. Fear was the one word written all over my face once I saw Carter in line. He was the only customer left and it was only 11pm. It was a good thing he was in line two. I continue to wipe the counter off in hopes not to be noticed. It was my first day on the job and I was loving it besides the rude customers but I don't pay them any mind.

"Next!" I yelled for the next customer. "Hi, Welcome to Mc Donalds, what can I get you?" I said politely with my fingers over the screen, ready to place the order.

"Uh..let me get a big mac with a large coke." I could tell it was a man from his voice but I could recoginze the voice but I didn't bother to look up. I thought his ass was in Tasha, my co - worker, line. "What you want, baby?" That's when I finally looked up, thinking he was calling me baby.

He was facing someone next to him, which was a woman, and that's when I finally got a glimpse of the woman....Giselle. She walked up next to him and he wrapped his arms around her shoulder, not noticing me. "I just want the Mc chicken meal with some mighty wings." She said while turning around and then our eyes locked as she smirks at me.

"You ont' want nothin' to drink?"

"Nah, I got some water in the car or I could just share your drink."

"You gonna' drink the one in the car."

Giselle rolled her eyes and we just continue to have a intense stare down at each other until Carter turned around. I adveretd my eyes to him and he, too, was staring at me. Carter licked his lips and gave me a faint smirk. My body shook with fear and he knew it too. My hands trembled and my heart was beating, rapidly with sweat forming on my palms. I just stood there, looking like a dear caught in a head light.

No lie, I was kind of afraid of Giselle after she beat my ass so many times back in middle school and all the way up to freshman year. It was more like bullying and I didn't fight back. But once the end of freshman year she stopped for some odd reason.

"Fatim, I'm done," Tasha said wiping off the counter. "Ima' just clean up and wait for you."

The only thing I can do was nod as she headed to the supply closet.

"Is you just gonna stand dere'?" Carter asked with quite irritation.

I forced my trembling hands to place in there order. "I-is that a-all?" I stuttered.

Giselle rose one eyebrow at me and just nodded. Carter pulled out a crispy 100 dollar bill from his pocket and handed to me."Keep the change."

Tasha came from the back and went to get their order ready and brought it to the counter. "By the way, I like your ring." Tasha commented. I mentally rolled my eyes and pictured myself slapping the mess out of Tasha for trying to start start a conversation when I was ready for them to leave.

Giselle smiled and admire the ring. "Thanks."

"Fix ya' face, you lookin' like you just seen a ghost." With those finale words from Carter, Giselle grabbed the bag off the table and headed out the door with Carters arm dropping from around her shoulders to around her waist.

"Damn, they one bad ass couple! " Tasha mumble.

"They together?" I questioned in shock.

"Yeah," Tasha took her cap off her head and ran her fingers through her bangs. "Whatchu' think they was? "

"Fuck-buddies." I say flatly, while shrugging my shoulders.

Tasha shook her head. "Nah, I heard they been rockin' wit' each other for bout' two years now, they soild."

____________

The tension inside the detective's office was thick as a blanket. Aunty sat besides me with a cup of warm steamy coffee in her hands and with a look of stress on her face. Under her eyes there were bags from the lack of sleep. The pain she was feeling was sadness.

The door opened and the detectives who were handling Amour's case,walked in. "Hello, sorry to keep you waiting." He say in a rush fixing his tie and sitting at his desk.

Next time be on time. I thought to myself.

The icy blue eye cop stared me down with an intense stare. Something in my gut was telling me not to trust him but there was no reason as to why except for the strange stares he gives me.

Aunty rubbed her temples and sighed, leaning back into her seat. The icy blue eyes cop sat at the edge of his desk holding onto a file. "We called you guys down here to inform you that we found a led in Amours kidnapping."

My ears perked up. "You did?"

He nodded and pulled out a picture from inside his file. "I believe you may know this person who had something to do with her kidnapping."

I scrunched my face up in confusion. "Huh? What are you talkin' about?"

"She goes to your school."

"She?" I exclaimed almost jumping up out of my seat.

He handed me a picture of Giselle. I mentally rolled my eyes and stared at the picture of her for awhile. I crossed my eyes at the blue eyed cop. "You thinkin' she had something to do with it?"

The detective crossed his hands together, relaxing them on his desk. "Right now she is a suspect."

My blood began to boil and my hands turned into a fist. "Why?"

The detective sigh. "The last time she saw Amour they were arguing and we believe whatever they were arguing about caused her to have something to do with the kidnapping, but we're not quite sure just yet."

Shit was not adding up correctly. I remember that day. Amour and Giselle has been beefin' since middle school. I don't know the whole story as to why they was beefin' but I wish I knew.

Aunty sighed heavily and palmed her face. Tears builded up at the bridge of her eye. I could tell with Amour missing it was eating her up alive and that's what set me off. She doesn't deserved to go through this but she is. She shouldn't be stressing or losing sleep at night.

She shouldn't be crying her eyes out, but she is. My boil began to boil. The next time I see Giselle I'm beating her ass on site. I know the cop said she possibly had something to do with amour's disappearance, but I don't care. Enough was enough. After all those times she bulled me for no reason I was done.

Karma was about to bite her in the ass and I was going to be karma.