Chapter 15: Innocent Til' Guilty

"My man put me up for the share, one-fourth of a square, Headed for Delaware wit' one change of gear, Nothin' on my mind but the dime sack we blazed, wit' the glaze in my eye that we find when we crave, dollars and cents- A fugitive with two attempts, Jakes had no trace of the face, now they drew a print, Though I'm innocent 'til proven guilty, I'ma try to get filthy, purchase a club and start up for realty."

______________________________________________________________________

Amour

"What happened?" I sat there with a straight ass face while the blue eyed cop grilled me with questions. "So your not going to answer me?"

I didn't answer him, I only stared into his eyes. I already knew about him and how good he thinks he can play the game, but I can play it ten times better.

"Is it really worth it? Just tell me what I want to know and this can all be over."

I still didn't answer. I didn't even flinch nor blink. I wasn't going to show any sign of fear. The blue eyed cop stared at me before a smile was plaster on his face.

"Maybe this will change your mind. I'll be right back." He fix his tie and grabbed his files off the table before walking out the door.

I silently let out a breathe that I didn't even know that I was holding in. I knew there was a camera inside the room and other cops behind the glass. Although I couldn't see them, I knew they were there. I look towards the glass and saw my reflection but I still acted as if I was checking myself out. My blonde remy weave was tired up in a ponytail but at the ends it was chopped.

I had a not too large cut above my left eyebrow. I gave a sly smile at the officers behind the glass and turn my attention to my nails as I started to pick at them. I sighed, acting bored as ever. I swop my hair that was covering my cut to the side. I heard footsteps coming closer and my heart race started to pick up but soon slow down once I relaxed.

I had nothing to be afraid of. If anything I didn't commit any crime. All I wanted to do was go home, change my cloths, shower, grab something to eat, and then take my ass to sleep. This blue eyed cop doesn't scare me at all. So I had nothing to worry about. I felt eyes burning a hole through me and I knew it was the camera, watching my every move.

Soon, the door opened and the blue eyes cop walked in with a few other people behind him. I kissed my teeth and mentally rolled eyes once I saw who it was behind him.

"Seriously?! You called my mama!?" I screeched.

"Now I tried getting answers out of your daughter but she refuses to answer me. She can be facing ten years in behind bars."

My mom clutched her chest. "Ten years?!" She screeched. "My baby!"

Right behind my mother was Fatim, Carter, and Harlem.

"You guys may have a seat."

The blue eyed cop pointed towards the chairs by the side of the wall. They all took a seat but I noticed the confused look Fatim was giving the blue eyed officer. I shrugged the look off and focus my attention to the officer who's eyes were on me. "Look at your mom and tell her that you don't want to face 10 years behind bars."

I huff and faced the glass.

"Alright then let's talk about Taz."

I snapped my head towards him and gave him a deathly glare. Not because I knew what he was gonna say but because of the fact that he brought it up. That was a touchy subject and I wasn't surprise that he brought it up.

"Ohh.. so now I got your attention."

"Who's Taz?" My mom questioned, shifting her eyes from me to the officer.