Chapter 16: Hurt No More

"Look, Nigga Fuck All The Haters, Im Ova Here Getting Paper, Couple Deals On The Table, Im Conversating With Majors, I Just Got It In The Game, But Im Ballin Hard Like The Lakers And These Old Niggas Mad Cause They Played Out Like A Saga, I Was Just A Begginer I An't Have Shit For Dinner."

____________________________________________________________________

Fatim

The car ride was silent. I took the time to take in Amour's appearance. She didn't look any different but she kept holding on to her side. I wanted to ask her what happened but I held my it back. She had a bandage above her left eyebrow and she had a cast on her arm. You couldn't even hear a pin drop, but when we got back home; shit got real between Amour and her mom.

Carter and Harlem had went home. Mean less to say we all were speechless after hearing what we heard. In all honesty I didn't know Amour had lost a boyfriend like that. It explains why she was so depressed for awhile. Everyone tried to be there for her but she just kept shutting us out. Amour sat on the couch with no emotion on her face. I took a seat on the love seat across from her. Aunty took her work heels off and placed her keys and purse on the glass table.

The both of us just starred at Amour patiently, waiting for an answer.

"What?"

"What happened?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it. I ont' want to talk bout' it."

"Amour..where were you? You were missing for a least three and a half weeks."

Amour smiled. "Oh yeah..."

"Oh yeah what?"

"I was at tha' trap house."

Ms. Maya's eyes almost bugged out of its socket. I watch as Ms.Maya and Amour have a stare down. This was the first time Amour has ever acted out before with her mom. And this was also shocking for Amour to say that to her mom so it kind of caught me by surprise.

"Doing what?" She said slowly.

"I ont' kno'," She shrugged her shoulders. "You tell me."

Ms. Maya took a deep breathe in and I could see her face turning into a deep shade of red. I sat there still as ever until my body tensed up. Right there and then I knew shit was about to go down.

Ms. Maya laughed. "I haven't seen you in almost three and a half weeks and I get a call saying that your at a police station for murder. So little girl, don't test me. Now answer my questioned, what were you doing a fucking trap house?"

"I ain't the little girl that you can lie to anymore." Amour said lowly.

"Excuse me?"

"Ima ask you again." Amour starred deep into her mother's eye. "Am I the only child?"

Ms. Maya was quiet for a moment before answering. "Yes, you are."

Amour rose an eyebrow. "Are you sure?"

Ms. Maya nodded. "Where is all of t--"

Amour huffed before getting up from the couch and storming down the hallway and into her bedroom. Seconds later she returned back with a white folder and slapped it down on the coffee table.

"Take a look at the folder and lie to me again."

Ms. Maya was quiet for a moment while picking up the folder and looking through it. I sat back darting my eyes back as fourth between Ms. Maya and her. Ms. Maya gasp and palmed her mouth.

"You've been lyin' to me all these years. Everytime I would ask you why am I tha' only child, you would say you don't want anymore kids or some bullshit excuse. When really you was tryana cover up tha' fact that you already have three kids in total?!"