Chapter 14- Questions, Promises and Secrets

• Dedicated to Niranjan Niru

Hey everyone! So sorry for the long wait. But this chapter is long enough to make up for it. :P

I was obsessed with reading The Hunger Games and even after finishing it, my thoughts returned to it every time.

I was in no state to write at all!

Again- I'm really really sorry I took such a long time to post. :(

So what do you think Nathaniel is going to give Clea?

How is Clea going to react?

And why does Adrian sit by the lake every night?

You'll get all the answers to these questions in this chapter.

Enjoy!:D

------------------------ -.- ----------------------

                                        Chapter 14- Questions, Promises and Secrets

                                                                 Nathaniel

My lungs were bursting for air. I took quick shallow breaths and ran as fast as I could. The wind was pushing me back, making my hearing dull, but my eyes sharper.

Come on. Come on. You have to win.

I jumped over a fallen log and caught hold of a swinging rope. When I cleared the pool of mud, I fell on the dusty ground and cursed myself. The Breakfree boy jumped over me and sprinted ahead. I cursed myself once more and pushed myself up. He was only a few feet ahead of me. He slowed down when we came to the wall made by ropes. From his actions, I could make out he wasn't very good at rope climbing. An advantage for me. I quickly made up for the distance I had lost and caught up with him.

From what I saw, we were the only two left in the Wilderness Challenge. I had to get this one!

My fingers were quickly growing numb, painful with every pull. But I ignored it.

Come On. Come on. You can do it.

I was always in love with sports and though it never improved my physique much, (my tummy was an example, the only part of my body that was out of shape.) it still gave me a never give up attitude. Constant training and play made me love the rush of adrenaline I felt every time I played. Also, with my urge to win, I didn't lose much.      (I was a really sore loser.)

Once I cleared the wall of ropes, I ran a few feet and fell to the ground. I started to crawl underneath the nets. My body was aching like hell, not to forget a multitude of cuts and bruises all over my body. I gritted my teeth and moved on.

Only a little bit more. Come on. Come on.

Finally I was free from the nets, and using all my energy I ran like the wind in the last hundred meters and crossed the finish line. I threw my hands in the air and formed the victory sign with my fingers.

I collapsed while the roars of the Breakaway campers took over my hearing. I grinned wildly. They came and started patting my shoulders in congrats. At last, Alex moved them away and gave me a bottle of water.

“Awesome man!” Alex yelled in my ear.

I winced and struggled to get up. I took a long drink from the bottle and handed it back to him.

“Thanks.” I told him, wiping the sweat off my face with my shirt.

“Nathaniel that was so cool! You were like there and that guy suddenly came and then....” Aria started blabbering as usual.