Chapter 8- A Midsummer Night's Dream

Sorry for posting so late! Just had a lot of things on my mind. Plus a book I have been trying to finish for the last three years!

So here it is- Chapter 8 :)

I really loved writing this chapter and hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

P.S.

Picture of Aria on the side------------------------------------------------------->

ENJOY :D

---------------------------------------- -.- ---------------------------------------------------- 

                  Chapter 8- A Midsummer Night's Dream

                                                  Clea

The camp was HUGE! Stacey has been showing us around for the last two hours and we still haven't seen everything. The number of people has multiplied like rabbits as our sister camp, “Camp Break Free” (sound like anything similar?) is joining for dinner tonight. Stacey had handed us our forest green Camp Breakaway shirts in our cabin, which we now donned and we could pick out the kids from the other camp by their dark blue shirts. 

“So Cabin Hanging Monkeys, as your Counselor, I demand that you work hard and get us the Green Forest Best Camp Cup! The last two years have been horrible! Those snotty Break Free kids had their noses in the air while ours were in the dirt. But not this time! No no no.. This time... We. Will. WIN!” Stacey yelled with her fist in the air.

I looked at the others. Diana was yawning like a queen while Kate discreetly tried to stick a “Kick Me On My Royal Ass” sign on her back. Sally was looking down at her joined hands with a scared look and Aria was... well Aria was doing what she always did when Alex wasn't with her- Dreaming of him. While we walked she kept bumping into me absentmindedly and giggling and saying, “Oh sorry.”

I sighed heavily. Stacey was looking at us like we were The Avengers or something. Here to save the fate of Camp Breakaway. 

“We'll do the best we can!” I told her brightly while the others mumbled yeses. 

Stacey grinned at me, “Right! Well, group... FORWARD MARCH! Huff One Two Three Four....”

And she went ahead of us like a real Captain America. I grinned and we all followed her to the mess hall. 

“ARIA! CLEA!” Alex shouted and waved wildly.

Aria squeaked and ran to him and they embraced each other like a “Lost and Found” couple. Alex let go of her and gave her a bunch of little pink flowers and Aria blushed and looked at him shyly through hooded eyes. I went and joined them and noticed Nathanial standing a little away from us. He looked really serious like he was considering something. I went to him ‘cause the “Don't You Ever Let Me Go” vibes from Aria and Alex were starting to suffocate me.

“Penny for your thoughts,” I smiled and asked Nathaniel.

He looked at me like he was waking up from a daze and smiled a full-blow 100 watt smile. “Hey...” Then he looked at Alex and Aria considering them quietly. And then suddenly like he was realizing something, he told me, “Oh I've got something for you.” He reached into a pocket of his baggy pants and took out a beautiful pure white lily.

“Oh...” I whispered, marveling at its beauty. I reached out to take it and he gave a cheeky smile and moved his hand away. I pouted at him and his grin grew wider. He reached out and tucked the strands of my loose hair behind my ear and placed the lily there.