Chapter 14: What Possessed You To Think That Was Smart?!

I understand if you all hate me T^T I haven't written anything in MONTHS! Ugh I feel horrible :( I finally forced myself to update, though! Please don't hate me! I've just been under a lot of stress from having moved like three times in the past six months and then I started failing all of my classesnot to mention writer's block and just... ugh! I shouldn't be making excuses, though. It's summer, thankfully! I promise I'll make myself start updating again but, hey, I'm, not going back to school in the fall! I didn't drop out or anything, I'm just doing homeschooling ^-^

----------

The rest of the night was spent by Hermione complaining about how stupid Harry and Ron are for accepting Draco's deul proposal.

“Honestly! How could they do that?! It's Malfoy for crying out loud! Something obviously is up,” Hermione cried out.

“I haven't the slightest idea, but really, Malfoy isn't all that bad, right? I mean you really don't know him,” I pointed out to her. We spent a few hours debating their idiocy before finally settling down for bed. We said goodnight to each other and we both fell asleep. Or so I thought.

After what felt like only having been asleep for a few minutes, I heard a door open and close. I stirred slightly but brushed it off and slept again, knowing full well that it wasn't morning yet. I was awoken again hours later by the same noise of the door. This time I was curious so I sat up and looked around. In front of the door with a shocked expression was Hermione in her dressing gown.

“What are you doing?” I asked her.

“Oh! Samira! You're awake?” she asked, trying to divert the subject.

“Yes. You woke me up. Now why are you up and about at this hour?”

“No reason.”

“Don't you even think about lying to me Hermione Jean Granger.”

“Alright! I followed Harry and Ron...”

“You did what?!” I nearly yelled. Her eyes widened as they darted around the room. She walked over to me and covered my mouth.

“Hush! You're too loud! Do you want the other girls to wake up? Well I followed them and Malfoy never showed up! Instead, Filch did! Malfoy set us up so we all ran away and ended up in the third floor corridor where there was a locked door and if I didn't open it Filch would have caught us. So, naturally, I used the Alohamora spell and unlocked it. We waited until Filch was no longer following us but then we saw that inside that very room was a THREE-HEADED DOG!” My eyes widened completely and I tried to speak but Hermione kept her hand over my mouth. “Sh! I'm not done yet! Anyway, underneath the dog's paw was a trapdoor. I think the dog is guarding something.”

“Are you serious?” I asked her after she had removed her hand, signaling she was done.

“Completely.”

“That's... That's... WICKED!”

“Is that all you're going to say?! That what happened was 'wicked'?”

“Um... yes? Well it is! Honestly, I would love a three-headed dog.”

“Oh, then just go to the third floor corridor and grab that vicious monster. Keep it as your pet.”

“Can I really?”

“No! My God! I swear you are just like those boys!”

“What's wrong with that?”

“Ugh, nevermind! Let's just get to bed. We're going to be dead tired for our classes tomorrow if we don't sleep soon.”

“Alright Ms. Bossy... Goodnight, Hermione.” I gave Hermione a hug and she settled into her bed. Moments later the two of us were asleep and the thoughts of today's events were nowhere to be found.