Chapter 12: Hermione Almost Forgot WHAT?!

I'm getting better at this whole updating thing!! Yay!

-------------

My POV

    I gasped when I saw the furious look on Harry’s face. Harry looked like he was out for blood and he pulled back his fist, getting ready to punch. I stepped in front of Harry and blocked Draco from view.

    “Harry! What do you think you’re doing?!” I shouted at him.

    “He was all over you! He was snogging you, and probably planning to rape you or something!” Harry yelled, obviously not knowing what really happened.

    “Harry, I kissed him! He didn’t kiss me! And he bloody hell was NOT going to try and rape me! You are completely overreacting! It was a mere kiss! Why are you so worked up about this, Harry?” I couldn’t control my emotions much longer, I could feel the anger rising up in me.

    “Because you are my friend, Samira! And friends don’t go around snogging their friends’ enemy!”

    “Oh, so Draco is your enemy now? And who said I was your friend? I barely even know you!”

    “You did, today in Potions! You were yelling at Snape about how you hate seeing your friends wrongly accused!”

    “Well if you are reacting like this about me “snogging” your “enemy” then I guess I was wrong about us being friends! Friends would accept each others personal feelings and opinions!”

    “But Malfoy is always mean to you, and insulting you, you’ve cried because of him!”

    “How did you know that…?” I asked in a whisper.

    “What do you think Hermione said after you left the Great Hall and Malfoy followed you! She told me everything!”

    “I don’t believe she told you everything.”

    “Well she did! Every bit of it!”

    “Of, and she told you that I’ve fancied Draco since I met him in Diagon Alley back in July?!”

    “Oh, er, no… She didn’t mention that.”

    “That’s what I thought, now if you would kindly stay out of my personal affairs! It is  my life, and I will live it how I want to live it!” After I said that, I stormed off. I ran all the way to the Gryffindor common room and into my dormitory. I collapsed on my bed, narrowly missing Awa, and began to sob into my pillow. Stupid Harry! He just had to mess it up! I can’t believe I said that I’ve fancied Draco since we first met right in front of him! I am so stupid! I heard the dormitory door open but didn’t remove my face from my pillow.

    “Samira, are you alright?” I heard Hermione ask and felt my bed go down slightly.

    “Fine, never better,” I said in a sarcastic tone, though it was muffled by the pillow. Hermione placed her hand on my head and began to soothingly pat my hair.

    “What happened? I just found you in here crying and Harry is down in the common room ranting about something to Ronald. So what actually happened?” I sat up and looked Hermione straight in the eyes. She dropped her hand and folded them together gently in her lap, looking expectant.

    “Well it all started when I left the Great Hall…” I told Hermione the entire story exactly as it happened, not exaggerating or leaving anything out. I retold it with complete honesty, as I always do. Hermione just sat in silence for several minutes, thinking over all of the information I just gave her. When she finally had sorted it all out she looked up at me with a smile on her face.

    “Well at least you know that you are very popular with the boys!” Hermione giggled. I rolled my eyes and grimaced.

    “Like I care about that, we’re eleven. It’s not like any of that matters.”

    “True, but it will stay with you the rest of your life.”

    “I guess so…”

    “And look on the bright side, Malfoy is going to prove that he’s a good guy to you! He pretty much said he fancies you, too, and his actions show it quite clearly.”

    “You’re right. And I’m not going to lie, Draco is one hell of a great kisser!” Hermione just laughed at this comment and grinned brightly, her slightly oversized front teeth showing clearly.

    “I didn’t need to know that! But it’s good information to have since I’m never go to snog him in this lifetime.”

    “You never know, things might change and you could get the chance.”

    “I don’t want the chance. I don’t fancy Malfoy at all and as far as I am concerned, he is your property.”

    “Draco is not a piece of land that can be bought and sold. He isn’t anyone’s property.”

    “But he’d do anything for you.”

    “Oh, shut it, Hermione!” I laughed.

    “You know it’s true!” Hermione sang.

    “Whatever! Let’s just do our homework and get to bed, it’s going to get late pretty fast.”

    “Oh, no! I nearly forgot about homework in all the drama! Quick, quick! Get it out!” Hermione began to run frantically around the room grabbing both of our homework. I laughed as I watched the scene. Hermione sat down across from me on my bed and we pulled out our assignment for our first class. It took a while but we managed to get it all of our homework for all of our classes done. By that time, it was nearly eleven at night. I let out a yawn and Hermione copied.

    “It looks like it’s time for bed,” I said to Hermione. All of the other girls had come in and gotten into bed already and now it was our turn.

    “I agree, sleep robes, and then bed.” Hermione got up and we both riffled through our trunks to get our pajamas. We changed, took care of our dirty laundry and then got into bed. We had started a new routine together where we got into bed every night, turned out all the lights, and then said good night to each other.

    “Good night, Hermione. I’m so glad you’re my friend. I don’t know what I would do without you.”

    “Good night, Samira. I’ll always be here to help you, no matter how bad things are.”

    With that, I drifted off into sleep, with dreams of Draco filling my head, occasionally being intruded on by Harry and his jealousy.