Chapter 3: Malfoy, Draco Malfoy

My POV

My mum lead me into Gringotts Wizarding Bank. Inside were hundreds of white counters housing small, not very pleasant looking creatures behind them.

“Mum! What are they?” I whispered excitedly to her.

“Those, my dear, are goblins. Very trustworthy creatures, they are,” Mum replied knowingly. I looked around in amazement, taking in my surroundings. My mum walked up to one of the goblins and started talking to him.

“Hello, I'd like to exchange these.” My mum handed the goblin several notes and he got busy counting things out. Once it was all exchanged and counted right, he handed the strange looking money to my mother and muttered a gruff “Have a good day.”

“What are those?!” I asked my mum pointing to the coins.

“These little gold ones are called galleons, the silver ones are sickles, and the bronze are knuts,” she replied knowingly.

“Ooooh, that's so cool!” I shouted excitedly. My mum took my hand and lead me in the direction of a store that sold magic wands. I ended up getting a 9 inch Holly wand with a dragon heart string core. I then was taken to the robe shop where I got fitted into a set of simple black robes. We then went to look at books. I've always had a love of reading and seeing all of the books wizards read would open up my world so much more. I stepped into the bookshop and was immediately over-whelmed. Everywhere I looked was thousands upon thousands of books.

“Mum, can you go get my school books? I really would like to look around,” I said in my most innocent voice. I didn't have to worry though, she immediately agreed. I ran off to the depths of the store and examined everything. Spells books, Potion Guides, even wizard cookbooks! Everything in the store was amazing and new. If I had the choice, I would never, ever leave. While I was spinning around in slow circles trying to take everything in, I got dizzy and lost my balance. I accidentally knocked into a platinum blonde boy who appeared to be my age and we almost fell. The boy grabbed my arm to help us regain our balance. My face flushed a bright scarlet and I was extremely embarrassed.

“Oh, dear! I'm so sorry! Are you alright?” I squeaked in a hurried, quite voice. I was always bad at apologizing to new people, or just... bad with new people in general.

“Watch where you're-! Oh, sorry, never mind that. It's alright, I guess. I'm not hurt, are you? My name is Malfoy, by the way, Draco Malfoy,” the boy, Draco, replied. His snippy tone dying half-way through the sentence. He exuded arrogance but for some reason, I didn't mind it. Usually I turned up my nose at rude, arrogant people but this Draco boy seemed... different.

“My name is... um, Samira. Samira Truscott. I-I'm fine,” I said nervously.

“How old are you? Are you starting school this year?” Draco questioned me. I wanted desperately to look away but his hard gray eyes held my brown ones captive.

“Um, I'm 11. Yesterday was my birthday, actually. Do you mean starting at Hogwarts? If so then yes,” I told Draco, trying to keep my calm and not succeeding.

“Well then, happy birthday. I'm sorry but I really must be going. I'm starting at Hogwarts this year, too, so I'll see you around, alright?” Draco's words caressed my heart and he shot me a smile before turning around and exiting the shop. My heart was beating in overtime from being so nervous talking to a stranger and a stranger boy no less. I felt at a loss for breath but managed to find my way to my mum as she was paying for my school books.

“Hello, love. Are you all set? We must go and finish our shopping,” Mum said cheerfully. I just nodded my head and followed here out the door. My thoughts were stuck on Draco Malfoy as we finished the rest of our shopping. I don't remember much of the trip but I do remember picking out a pet. I got a beautiful, female, tiger striped kitten that I named Awa meaning “bubble” in Japanese.