Chapter 4: Getting on the Train

My POV

On the morning of September 1st, my mum drove me to King's Cross Train Station in London. This was the morning that I was going to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

“Mum! How do we get to the platform? I don't see platform 9 ¾!” I shrieked. It was 10:37 which meant that we only had 23 minutes and I didn't know where to go.

“Follow me, dear. I know where to go,” Mum instructed. She grabbed my hand and led me to the platform marker that stated they were platforms 9 and 10. Mum took my trolley and gripped my hand tightly. “Hold on tight and stay close.”

“Yes, Mum,” I replied. Mum pushed the trolley toward the platform marker. I was kind of scared that we would run into it but I trusted my mum and followed right behind her. Instead of hitting the marker, we went right through it! “Wow! This is so cool! Mum! Do you see Jasmine? She said she would be here!” I questioned my mum excitedly. Just then I felt something tackle me. I shrieked and fell on to the ground. I looked up and saw Jasmine standing there, laughing.

“Jasmine!”I cried happily as I jumped to my feet. I gave her a huge hug and we started chattering excitedly.

“Samira! Grab your stuff, I've already got mine in a compartment on the train. Let's go!” Jasmine grabbed my trunk and I grabbed Awa.

“Mum, Jasmine and I are going to put my stuff with her's on the train. We'll be right back,” I told my mum before we left. Jasmine led me to the compartment that she had put her stuff in and placed mine with her's. I kept Awa with me as we went back to where my mother was. She had her back to us and looked as if she was talking to someone.

“Back mum!” I said. My mum turned around and smiled at me. Behind her was a tall, pale man with platinum blonde hair. I thought that he bore a striking resemblance to that Draco Malfoy boy I had met over a month ago in Diagon Alley.

“Well, Lucius, I must be going. Samira should be getting on the train soon and I have yet to say goodbye. We must keep in touch! It's been far too long!” My mum told the man.

“Samira? That must be you,” the man my mum called Lucius said, looking straight at me.

“Y-yes, sir. I-I am Samira,” I stuttered out, not looking in the man's eyes.

“Well, Clara, I'll let you go then. I quite agree, I'll send you an owl right when I get home. It's been lovely to see you, goodbye.” The man turned on his heel and left.

“Who's that, Mum?” I asked her.

“He's an old friend of mine, Lucius Malfoy,” Mum told me.

“Malfoy?!” I cried excitedly.

“Yes dear, Lucius Malfoy. What's so surprising about that?” Mum asked.

“Oh, nothing. He just seems so... familiar...” I said distractedly.

“Well he does have a son about your age. Draco, I do believe his name is. He's starting at Hogwarts this year, as well. Maybe you'll be in the same house!” Mum seemed to like that idea as much as I did. Draco Malfoy intrigued me and I wanted to know as much about him as I possibly could. “Oh! Look at the time! You must be going! Kisses! I love you, dear. Make sure you write to me everyday! Or at least as much as you possibly can! I'll respond immediately! Drop everything I'm doing if I have to! I'll miss you so much, dear. I love you,” Mum had started crying by this time and so had I.

“I love you, too, Mum. I'll miss you so much! I'll write everyday, I promise!” I managed to say through my sobs. This was the first time I'd be away from my mum. I gave my mum one last hug and kiss and then I had to board the train. Jasmine pulled me all the way to her compartment. I leaned out the window, waving to my mum. I let out a small sob when I sat back down. Jasmine gave me a hug and wiped the tears away from my eyes.

“It'll be okay, Samira. You've got me!” She said quietly. I hugged her back and gave a small, watery smile.

“I love you, Jasmine. Friends forever,” I said to her.

“No matter what,” Jasmine finished for me.

I'm finally on my way to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. For the first time I realized that this wasn't a dream. Like it or now, I am a witch.