1. Reunited

Today was the first time in three years I saw Eric again.

I'm so nervous, I've been nervous for the past week. You would think we saw each other during the summer but we never did. That was only for the first two summers he was over there. We talked every now and then on the phone but it was super quick.

"Hey earth to Nicole!!" Mya said waving her hand in front of my face.

"Huh?!" I asked snapping out of it.

"Eric's mom called to tell you Eric was almost home."

I stayed there lost for words.

"Go on! Go, I'll close the place you go reunite with your love!!" Mya said pushing me out.

"Thank you!! I'll call you later then." I said running over to my car. Oh my gosh I can't believe I'm going to see him again!

I was so nervous once I came by my street that I totally forgot to stop at the stop sign. Yikes, good thing there wasn't any cars around.

Once I got to their house I stayed in my car, just sitting there. All these thoughts came to me. What if he moved on but never told me? Or what if he doesn't love me anymore? Should I just leave now before anyone sees me?

I quickly brushed all those negative thoughts out of my way and got out of my car.

As I was walking up to the front door, I heard a car door close behind me. I turned around and there he was. He looked so.... different. He was definitely hotter. His blonde hair was kinda brown now, he was bigger then before, his tan was perfect and he dressed with a lot more formal clothes.

"Nicole?" he said once he noticed me standing there. "oh my god is that really you?" He walked towards me.

"I..... I ahhh.... ummm hi?" I said not moving from my spot. Mentally slapped myself for what I said.

He stopped about 10 feet away from me and just looked at me.

"That's all you have to say?" he chuckled.

"No...." I said biting my bottom lip. Why am I being so shy? This is Eric not some stranger.

"I love the fact that you still do all of that." he said getting closer to me.

"Do what?"

"The lip thing and the talking out loud." he said now inches away from my face.

"I..." Having him this close after so long is driving my emotions wild. "Oh yeah. I ah... never stopped doing that. I got in the habit.... of the lip thing because obviously I don't know when I talk out loud. I mean if I did I wouldn't do it. But the lip thing was more because it made me think of you. Because you know y---"

I was cut off by Eric crashing his lips on to mine. At first I was super tense because he got me by surprise, but then I let myself go with it. He held my face with both his hands while I held on to them by the wrist. Our lips moved in sync like if three years never happened and I felt like a teenager again. Eric broke the kiss apart and took me in for a hug.

"I missed you." I said as he held me.

"I did too."

"You should probably go see your mom now...." I said letting him go from the hug.

"Yeah." he chuckled as he turned around. "Where did my... oh my dad probably took them." he said as he turned to face me once again.

He smiled at me and walked over to the door. "Are you coming?" he asked.

"Me? Oh umm yeah!" I said speed walking over to the door.

He took my hand in his and walked us inside. I couldn't stop looking at our hands. I felt butterflies in my stomach. I'm 22 and he's making me feel like a little 15 year old girl.