13: TRAINING CAMP

Izuku was the last off the coach, yawning and stretching with a little noise of contentment when his back clicked

Izuku was the last off the coach, yawning and stretching with a little noise of contentment when his back clicked. He sleepily trudged over to Aizawa, who stared down at him vacantly.

"I take it you slept on the ride here?" The man inquired, although with his bland tone it sounded more like a statement.

"Not going to get much sleep while we're here," he said tiredly in response, offering a drawn smile.

"Almost forgot you were omniscient," Aizawa huffed, glancing down at the boy's tie. "Are you ever going to fix that thing?"

Izuku looked at his chest, lifting up the crumpled red fabric with a curious blink. "I never... I never really got a chance to learn."

"Hm." The teacher surveyed the horizon, shifting his stance and putting his weight on one leg. "When we get a moment, remind me."

"Remind you what?"

Aizawa turned his head with a faintly amused expression. "I thought you were smart, kid. Remind me to teach you how to tie a tie. I think it's a waste of time, but some idiots will take you more seriously if you don't have that mess wrapped around your throat."

"It's not that bad," Izuku muttered with a subtle pout, smoothing down the rumpled folds of his tie.

"Yes, it is," he deadpanned. "Go chat with your classmates. And no using too much of your power."

The boy mumbled something that sounded suspiciously like 'okay, dad,' before obeying, offering a friendly wave to Kouta, who just sneered and turned his face away. It wasn't long before they were thrown over the cliff in a wave of dirt, and only he was prepared, lighting up his Quirk and leaping up before he could get dragged over. He beamed over his shoulder at his teacher and the Pussycats, then dropped out of sight, landing lightly next to his friends, who stared at him with something akin to confusion.

When the first beast arose from the soil, it caused a panic, but was quickly dealt with. Many more creatures in the image of the supernatural were formed from earth and stone, feeling no pain and focusing only on attacking the students. Somewhere near the midway point, when everyone was starting to show signs of exhaustion, Izuku had an epiphany that made him grin with mischief. He hopped over to Tenya, helping him take down a monster to give them an interlude to interact.

"I have an idea that might make this easier for everyone," he said excitedly. "Do you think the class can deal with this without me for a little while?"

Tenya glanced around, surveying the situation before nodding. "Do what you need to, Izuku-kun. We can handle ourselves."

Izuku gave a cheerful thumbs-up, smiling through the dirt and grazes on his face, before firing up his Quirk and launching off a tree. He knew that Ragdoll would likely notice him breaking off from the group at a rapid pace and tell her teammate, and sure enough, moments later the earth writhed beneath him and another beast sprung forth, but he just jumped into the air and leapt on its head, using it to gain height. It didn't take long for him to see the building he was aiming for, and he kept up the pace with 5% of his power, completing some impressive feats of athleticism as he rocketed through the forest with the finesse of a gymnast.