The Mother Has Called

Sathit POV 

"I want to pay you back so I don't owe you anything anyways you don't have to do this, I will find a... better lawyer for Yay."

She starts to walk away when I grab her wrist and pull her closer to me, I hand her back the money and say,

"It's funny how you think I am doing this for you, but really that's not the truth." I let go of her wrist and straighten my suit. Before I could move, Jee mumbles to herself, "then why are you doing this?" Not realizing that I heard what she said I move closer to her and say, "you'll find out sooner or later." Initiating that she just spoke out loud what was inside her head she blushed for the tenth of a second but regained her posture and made a frustrated face.

"I don't know what's inside your head Sathit or what your planning to do and unless this plot of yours has anything to do with my family or friends then I really don't care about your petty little games." She placed the money back in her purse and then walked away. I clenched my fist tight, resisting myself from grabbing Jee and choking her. 

Jee POV

I couldn't control myself from smirking when I entered my car. The priceless look on Sathit's face when I handed him the money just made my day. While I was driving home I made sure to note that whenever I am feeling sad I should think of Sathits face and that would probably make me forget my woes. 

I arrive at my house and plop myself on the couch preparing myself for a long three hours of television binge watching. Grabbing the remote and popcorn, I tirelessly scroll through the endless amounts of shows and movies that I could watch. To my annoyance, when I finally decided the show, my phone started ringing. Interrupting my relaxing session, I walk to my phone and to my suspicion, it was my mom. Normally when people receive a phone call from their mother, they would be delighted and not feel any sort of distrust whatsoever. Whenever I acquire a phone call from my mother, I feel queasy and uncomfortable. Unsure of the motive, I pick up the call,

"hello,"

"good day to you, my wonderful child, how are you on this marvelous evening?"

"what do you want?"

"oh my goodness, so cold and bitter, what happened?"

" speak for yourself, now you can stop pretending and tell me what this call is for,"

"do I really need a reason to call my daughter?"

"yes... also don't call me your daughter you have lots the authority to call me that ages ago,"

"ok anyway, what did you do today?"

"nothing of your business I now,"

"Jee I heard a few days you visited that dead girls mum and then today you visited my mother, is this true?"

"oh so that's why you have called me to stop me from seeing my family and apologizing to people I did wrong to,"

"Jee, you have to understand that you need to stay away from these type of people, they are bad for your image and reputation, if a reporter caught you with these lowly people what would become of you?"

"here you are all 'worried' about my dignity and reputation, yet you haven't thought of what would become of me if the paparazzi found out that Jeerawat's very own mother was a prostitute!"

"Jee! don't you dare call me by that name, that was the past and I only did it because we had no money, it wasn't like I was happy for it."

At this point I was so raged and angry at my mother. Lost in my thoughts, I didn't listen to my mother nor reply to her.  When I realized that I had been wandering in my mind and that the line was still on with my mum, I quickly cut the call, turned my phone on silent and placed it far away from me. I am so sick and tired of my mom calling me and berating me whenever she likes. I don't care what she says, I will still visit Tiew's mum and my Yay and because she despises them so much I really just want to hang out with them more to annoy her, I mean it's not like I have any remorse left for her anyway.

************************************

Hellooooo everyone, I am about to reach 200 read and I am so excited!!!!! You guys are so awesome and if you think I should continue then please please please make sure to comment and vote and I would love to chat with you guys and know you better. XOX