Beach trip

[Eren's POV]

"Eren hurry up! The bus is going to leave Soon." Mikasa demanded.

I followed her order and much to my disliking I prepared myself for a dreaded day at the beach. We planned to meet up with our friends at the beach. Mikasa insisted that I accompany her.

At least Jean wasn't going to be there.

~Time Skip~

We were finally at the beach. Fortunately for me the place wasn't to crowded, so it was quite peaceful. I decided against swimming today, so I decided to lay down on the hot sand while Mikasa goes for a swim with her friends. Soon enough I drifted off to sleep.

[Mikasa's POV]

I was having the time of my life. All my friends are present and were just having fun in the cool waters of the ocean. However I was disappointed that Eren didn't wasn't to join us in the water.

My friends and I collectively decided to bond over a friendly game of volleyball. We weren't the most athletic bunch of people, and as much as it pains me to say it..... we all can't swim, so we decided to remain in the shallow side.

Seeing everyone wear a large grin on their face brought a smile to mine. The sweet sound of laughter, was music to my ears. We played Volleyball for a good 5 minutes. Then the ball began to drift off with the current and further into the deep side, after I failed to return the serve. Seeing as it was my fault I decided to go retrieve the ball despite my lack of swimming experience.

I cautiously made my way to the ball.

After barely managing to swim a few metres to the ball I finally got hold of the lost item. I turned around to return to my friends. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my leg. I tried to move it but it was completely rendered useless, and before I knew it my head was submerged beneath the water.

I was drowning.

[Eren's POV]

"...Help! .... I'm... drowning"

I was rudely awoken by the muffled sounds of someone crying for help.

My senses were not fully functional as I found difficulty in tracking the source of the sound. Then I heard it again.

"Someone.... please!" 

My heart cracked as I realised that the desperate voice belonged to none other than Mikasa.

I spotted her in the sea, but she was far away. I grew angry at the sight of her 'friends' just watching her.

Without delay, I sped through the sand and jumped into the water. I began swimming, pushing myself to top speeds.

I saw Mikasa and reached out my hand. She desperately tried, and as our fingertips brushed past each other she was out of sight. I dived underwater and grabbed her. She had her eyes closed and my heart sunk.

I brought Mikasa back to shore, but she didn't wake up. I felt for a pulse and was relieved to feel that she was still alive. As I was feeling her pulse, her hand clutched mine. I blushed as I saw the magnificent sight of her eyes open and staring at me.

"T-thank...you Eren" she managed to say.

" It's alright." I replied.

"Eren... please promise me you'll be there for me.... always. Don't leave me... Eren" She said in a quiet and gentle voice as she closed her eyes again and slept.

[Mikasa's POV]

I woke up, finally coming to terms with what had just happened. Then something caught my eye. On the sand there was a group of words.

"I'll forever be by your side, no matter what."

I blushed

"Thank you Eren"