Time together

The next day

[Eren's POV]

It was finally the weekend. Mikasa and I finally made peace with each other. However deep inside I still harboured a strong hatred for her.

I made my way to the kitchen, and on my way there the smell of burnt food filled the house. Suddenly my eyes widened in shock as I saw a fire coming from a frying pan, whilst Mikasa attempted to put it out.

I quickly dashed to the scene and put it out.

"What the hell happened!?" I asked.

"Well...umm...I wanted to prepare a nice breakfast for...two of us, seeing as we're friends now. But it didn't turn out as well as I thought it would." She laughed at her failure.

I also laughed

" You idiot" I said jokingly as I lightly rubbed her head. I was actually grateful for what she tried to do, and if my eyes weren't deceiving me, I saw a feint blush appear on her cheeks.

"You know what, I'll teach you how to cook." I suggested

"O-okay" she replied.

We prepared to make breakfast. I told Mikasa the recipe and she nodded with confidence. Then that confidence quickly faded as I saw her hands shake as she struggled to stir the pancake mixture and place it in the pan.

I took her hands and stood close behind her as I guided her actions. I couldn't help but blush a little.

However I found myself admiring the girl in front of me.

[Mikasa's POV]

His hands are so soft, gentle and warm. I can feel his body heat. It's warm. I'm embarrassed I want him to let go, but for some reason their is a resistance. I-I want to stay like this.

Then I looked up at him with a smile for helping me. He smiled back. His smile is beautiful. I only wish he showed it more often. Our eyes met and not a single word was spoken. We just stood there admiring each other. Then I saw his face come closer to mine. What is he doing? I-I have a boyfriend and I.... l-love him. Don't I?

But before anything else happens we are interrupted by the smoke alarm going off. We both averted our eyes in embarrassment and turned our attention to the fire.

We were distracted by each other, oblivious to the world around us. Almost as if we were in our own world.

What do I suddenly feel this way about him. I-is it possible?

[Eren's POV]

What was I doing? Did I really just try to kiss her? She has a boyfriend and as a friend I should respect that. But why does it hurt.

****
The next morning

[Eren's POV]

*cough* *cough* I woke up feeling sluggish, I might have contracted a cold. I was feeling fairly hot. Fortunately for me it was Sunday and there's nothing going on today. I rested on my bed, until I heard a knock.

"Come *cough* in" I said.

" Morning dummy I'm going to... whoa you look like crap. Are you okay. Mikasa asked genuinely concerned.

"Yeah just a cold should be fine" I replied.

"No, Eren seriously you look much worse than a person with a cold. You know what I'll just stay here with you...so you don't die on me got it"she declared.

"Fine whatever" I replied.

Mikasa sat next to my bed.

We stayed remained silent for a few minutes until Mikasa spoke.

"Listen Eren, about that incident between you and Jean. I totally regret not intervening. But I-I couldn't I was.... I was scared." She said as she started tearing up.

I was shocked to hear that Mikasa Ackerman was scared.

"I don't know what Jean would've done to me if I stopped him. When he's angry he turns into a completely different person, with no control over himself." She continued.

"Why are you still with him?" I asked.

"Well Jean is special to me. When I was in middle school I used to get bullied. I was weak. No one cared. Until Jean confronted the bullies and beat them up. He comforted me and he gave me a necklace that I still wear today, as a symbol that he will always be there when I need him. I know he has his faults but I love him, and he the only one I cared for." She explained.

She made Jean sound like a really nice guy, but I know what he's truly up to. I don't want to ruin their deep relationship but I think she's been a victim long enough.

"Mikasa..." I began

"Eren I want to know that I will be here for you, just as Jean was there for me. I want to become strong for him." She interrupted as she grabbed my hand.

And our eyes met yet again. Lost in her beauty.

Then we both blushed as she let go of my hand.

" uh... thanks, you have my support as well." I said breaking the tension.

We ended up talking for another couple of hours. I decided to go against telling Mikasa the truth as I felt this was the wrong time. Also after hearing Mikasa's  story I didn't want I be the one to break her heart with the news.